Paint.NET

A breath of fresh air...and I've been tearing my hair out :evil: trying to come to grips with The GIMP!!!

This fabulous program is all we mere mortals could ask for...it looks great on the monitor, is easy,easy easy to use and is as complete as anybody could reasonably wish for. :D

Congratulations to all concerned and especially those third parties responsible for the plu-ins. :wink:

Thank God for Google and all who believe in freely available software. :D

I had no idea if there were any other programs besides photoshop and mspaint. Being frustrated with mspaint, one day I decided to google paint programs looking for photoshop. I couldn't believe it was like 600 bucks or something. Disappointed, I continued to search and a few minutes later I was downloading paint.net. It turned me onto a new hobby that I've enjoyed ever since.

I'm worried about one thing though. I don't think paint.net will always be free. What if my computer crashes and I lose my free copy?

In the future, if paint.net is half the cost of photoshop, I'll never be able to afford it.

I wonder how many CD's it would take to back this free version up?

KORTECKGOLDGIFSIG455x100.gif

This version may always be free, but the final version would cost money if anything. And an upgrade would be free to all who used to have the old versions. Just a quick thought, but I don't think it will ever cost a dime.

"The greatest thing about the Internet is that you can write anything you want and give it a false source." ~Ezra Pound

twtr | dA | tmblr | yt | fb

This version may always be free, but the final version would cost money if anything. And an upgrade would be free to all who used to have the old versions. Just a quick thought, but I don't think it will ever cost a dime.
Where do you get this from?

Anyway, I don't remember for sure how I found Paint.NET. I think I was looking at GimpShop, and I've always been a little intimidated and/or frustrated by The Gimp and other open-source paint tools.

I think I heard a rumor that there was a replacement for MS-Paint that was developed as part of this guy's college project. And that's how I found it.

(Yes, I know that it is not going to be an official replacement for MS-Paint and that it was developed as part of Rick's college career.)

I think I first heard about paint.NET in a computer magazine. I have tried a couple of other free image manipulating / drawing programs. But paint.NET, by far, has the best user interface.

Thanks to all who helped make this great program.

My DA: http://leif-j.deviantart.com/

--------------

Some people seek justice so persistent, that they will do great injustice themselves.

Well companies like Microsoft do that type of thing (Vista RC1 and stuff).

"The greatest thing about the Internet is that you can write anything you want and give it a false source." ~Ezra Pound

twtr | dA | tmblr | yt | fb

Well companies like Microsoft do that type of thing (Vista RC1 and stuff).

True, but the source code to Vista is not readily available.

Plus from what I understand this is Rick's project, not Microsoft's.

Anyway, that's neither here nor there. Paint.NET is an awesome tool.

I found paint.net after searching google for freeware... being as I am cheap and did not want to spend money on something I wasnt sure I could be patient enough to work. I am, however, VERY glad that I downloaded the program.. to me.. its very user friendly.. but Im also not computer illiterate.. so Im sure that helped... :wink:

sig.jpg