CTRL-ALT-V (Paste as new image)

hamwizard

Hot key is frequently not working.

Pretty straightforward really.

Windows 7, 64bit

Version 3.3x, 3.5 (what??)

I can highlight a portion of an image, hit control C to copy to clipboard, CTRL-ALT-V - does not work.

Manually clicking EDIT Paste into new image (which clearly states to use CTRL-ALT-V) works fine.

Thanks

I suspect your keyboard is failing.  Try the key combination with the keys on the other side.

• Upvote 1

I'm not trying to be an < no swearing > but have you actually tested this at your end?

It's not working here, both sets of CTRL-ALT are not working.        The keys are absoloutely fine.

Works great here. Do you have AutoHotKey or a similar program enabled that might be intercepting the shortcut?

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

Interesting, ok heck - well if it works for others, I speculate it is my end - what a bugger, let me investigate, I'll let you know what I find.

Got it, it's a package I use called Winsplit revoloution (bloody great app) - it had a hotkey set for CTRL-ALT-V which does nothing.

I apologise and thanks again, appreciate the help.

(in time, I WILL switch to this damn paint.net - but as a hardcore hotkey user it's....... difficult considering it omits some windows standard hotkeys I've been using for nearly 20 years)

Either way, thanks guys!

Edited by hamwizard

Glad you got it sorted out!

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

I'm not trying to be an < no swearing > but have you actually tested this at your end?

Of course ;)

Got it, it's a package I use called Winsplit revoloution (bloody great app) - it had a hotkey set for CTRL-ALT-V which does nothing.

I apologise and thanks again, appreciate the help.

(in time, I WILL switch to this damn paint.net - but as a hardcore hotkey user it's....... difficult considering it omits some windows standard hotkeys I've been using for nearly 20 years)

Either way, thanks guys!

Excellent to hear you've go it sorted.  That particular combination is used very regularly - so I assumed it had to be your hardware or setup.