clone stamp

ftlog666

Yeah, it's a bit tricky.

First, when you press CTRL, make sure the "Copy" circle is "blinking"...then you know it has copied.

Sometimes it doesn't copy for some reason.

Also, you'll notice that the copy circle follows around the paint circle. Basically, after the first paint, that copy circle is actively copying wherever it is NOW.

So, if you want to copy the area you first CTRL-Clicked, you have to do that EACH time.

Probably the best thing to learn to use it is to ZOOM IN on whatever you are CTRL-Copying.

Then, you can see what is REALLY happening when you Pixel Graph Copy/Paint...er...I mean, "clone" stuff.

Sort of like that Ewen McGregor film "The Island" versus that Ewen McGregor film "Star Wars II: Send in the Clones"...or maybe "Moon"...which seems like a 1990s movie that was released in the early 2000s....then there's that awful Donal Sutherland film "Invasion of the Body Snatchers" that they kept playing over and over in the early 1980s when everyone really just wanted to watch Kung-Fu films....

"....brings out the duty in my soul" -Spinal Tap

Yeah, it's a bit tricky.

First, when you press CTRL, make sure the "Copy" circle is "blinking"...then you know it has copied.

Sometimes it doesn't copy for some reason.

Also, you'll notice that the copy circle follows around the paint circle. Basically, after the first paint, that copy circle is actively copying wherever it is NOW.

So, if you want to copy the area you first CTRL-Clicked, you have to do that EACH time.

Probably the best thing to learn to use it is to ZOOM IN on whatever you are CTRL-Copying.

Then, you can see what is REALLY happening when you Pixel Graph Copy/Paint...er...I mean, "clone" stuff.

Sort of like that Ewen McGregor film "The Island" versus that Ewen McGregor film "Star Wars II: Send in the Clones"...or maybe "Moon"...which seems like a 1990s movie that was released in the early 2000s....then there's that awful Donal Sutherland film "Invasion of the Body Snatchers" that they kept playing over and over in the early 1980s when everyone really just wanted to watch Kung-Fu films....

love it  <3 we must keep a sense of humour.....thank you 

Like this:

http://www.getpaint.net/doc/latest/CloneStamp.html

Press F1 while PDN is open, will take you to the general help page :)

Edit: to get smooth edges, reduce the opacity of the primary color in the Color Pallet

thank you -printed it out.i have managed to get the 'butterfly' in shapes down to the size i want it - but it not movable to where i want it to go - so other than metalize & then saving as - then bringing it back as 'import layer' - i can move it to where i want to....it's not easy being green :noes: