TinSoldier

I like boltbaits its so .... well .... just.... erm... like he drew himself and such..

Hah! Thanks! I never thought mine would show up in this thread. 8)

You can read more about the picture here: http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/38613452/

Click to play:
j.pngs.pngd.pnga.pngp.png
Download: BoltBait's Plugin Pack | CodeLab | and how about a Computer Dominos Game

BoltBait, did you make your avatar bigger? I'm not sure because the internet has been down since Sunday.

Yes, slightly. It is now 100x149 and 5K in size.

But, it's still MUCH smaller than yours. (145x145 and a whopping 62K!)

:P

Click to play:
Download: BoltBait's Plugin Pack | CodeLab | and how about a Computer Dominos Game

But, what are you really gaining by using PNG instead of JPG?

Even at JPG 75% your larger image looked good and it was 3.5K in size!

With smaller file sizes web pages load faster and everyone is happy.

PNG is a fine format, but you have to ask yourself what are you gaining for your 60K of data?

Click to play:

• 2 weeks later...

I use a bluetooth dongle to connet my computer via the GPRS of my cell phone to the internet and I can tell u it's really slow. But this file size isn't too big. People with slow internet a special surfing technique. They open some windows (or tabs) and always when they click on a link and have to wait, they switch to another tab, which then had enough time to load and so they don't have any problems with their internet connection. So png is OK

I like Signature.png's sig best.

What do you think about my one?

• 2 weeks later...

Seeing as I unofficially made this the "Signature And Avatar Appreciation" thread in this post, I've decided to mention that I love Helio's current sig:

pdnsigri0.png

The whole reflection completing the "H" thing is stellar. It doesn't hurt that its blue!

Over all, its very professional. Great job!

Take responsibility for your own intelligence. ;) -Rick Brewster

Thanks guys! :D Oh, and I have to say, I've always loved Buzzkill's sig. There's something about the reflection of the clouds and the moon that makes it really good. I also think that Barkbark00's text is awesome. It fits the sig. Perfectly.

v An excellent open–source strategy game—highly recommended.

"I wish I had never been born," she said. "What are we born for?"

"For infinite happiness," said the Spirit. "You can step out into it at any moment..."