Jpg Error

Kylock

I have an issue when attempting to save files to jpg as per the screenshot..if I save it as any other format, exit P.N then run it then open the saved file then it will sometimes save, mostly that error pops up and am not able to save the image..

Ver 3.5.11, on Win7/64

Clicking Save button will give the "There was an unspecified error while saving the file" pop-up message.

post-119211-0-64506900-1378456034_thumb.

Edited by Kylock

Visual - That's not how it works.  Save dialog completes, THEN the mergedown happens.  That suggestion isn't going to change anything.

Kylock - What happens if you hit Ok and let it save despite the error?  My thought is that it's just an error in previewing the save.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

Visual - That's not how it works.  Save dialog completes, THEN the mergedown happens.  That suggestion isn't going to change anything.

Kylock - What happens if you hit Ok and let it save despite the error?  My thought is that it's just an error in previewing the save.

Sorry, never realised. It must be because i keep things in separate bmp, png, tiff, pdn folders and save a master pdn with working versions 001 002.

That is nice that it asks before saving. Old habits of flatten only as i finish the piece.

Sounds like you've got a pretty good workflow!  I tend to flatten way too soon.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.

Sounds like you've got a pretty good workflow!  I tend to flatten way too soon.

Compliment from atwell. Thanks. It's just my way. Stack object renderings that i make from tiff or png with premade backgrounds and work on it for a while. Then, save that version and keep the prior in case i wake up and do not like it anymore. There is always time to redo a mistake, when there was not enough time to do it when in a hurry.

I'm going to show the nerd side. A basic tip for others that i should have shared already. I will make a layer and fill it with text describing the settings on how i made an effect. This way when i go back and look at prior things i don't have to try an remember. I work with no less than 5 programs (video, 3d, 2d), so it's hard to remember without making a script for it. Some i can, others you can't.

Edited by Visual

Good idea. Have you tried ScriptLab?