Font Sizes > 900

Hi,

I created some posters last year and I need to make them again this year.  For some reason I'm not able to increase the font size past 1000. 

I wrote down the instructions last year.  The only thing I can't remember is how I increased the font to 2000. I can get the font size to 1000, but as soon as I increase it nothing shows up on the screen except the blinking cursor.

I'm using Paint.net 3.5.10 build 3.510.4297.28964 on windows 7.  I have the image resolution set to 300.

I have also tried this same thing using the latest version of Paint.net on windows 8.  I get the same behavior but I can't increase the font size past 900.

The file I created is too large to attach.

Thank you for your help with this.

Jaccia

Are you able to create the text on a new layer & then use Layers, Rotate, Zoom to make it bigger or does that distort the text too much?

I am able to repro this. Hope we find a solution for you. In the meantime just to let you know there is now 3.5.11 released which is what I am using. You will need to update to 3.5.11 :) 

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

Strange.  I got it up to 2000 but it wouldn't go to 2001

What OS and Paint.net version are you using?

Are you able to create the text on a new layer & then use Layers, Rotate, Zoom to make it bigger or does that distort the text too much?

I am able to repro this. Hope we find a solution for you. In the meantime just to let you know there is now 3.5.11 released which is what I am using. You will need to update to 3.5.11 :)

Thanks.  No I haven't tried this I will give it a try and let you know.