need help making latex/pvc texture

Textures like that are all about the shine.

Add a new layer and, with the line tool, draw the shine on your object where appropriate. Use a slight gaussian blur so it isn't too shiny, then play with the layer properties until you get something you like.

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

pdnnoob is absolutely correct.  And remember that the reflection is going to look different depending on the shape of the object and the source of the light; for instance, take a look at this pipe*:

two_inch_pvc_pipe.jpg

See how the reflections are long lines along the object?  Similarly, a sphere will have points of reflection, while a flat surface like a cube will have a near-total reflection on the side closest to the light.

*In all my life, I can honestly say I never expected to say those words.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

Welshy :D I can just picture it & I can hear the MUM!

Remember also that colour absorb the surrounding colours too. So that someone wearing a blue shirt may have a blue reflection on the skin too. Or a white pipe on a timber plank may have a brownish reflection near where the 2 surfaces meet.

Not an easy task. Googling lots of other similar images may be the way to go as Welshy did - take heed though, you never know what you might find. 

• Upvote 1
THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

Just my luck that my daughter came into the room as I google imaged latex and pvc. The shake of the head was not good. The "MUM" was even worse

As well as the 2 above advices - gradients are your friend too. PVC is never a flat colour with white shine, there's varying shades as per reflection/shade mentioned above

I'm intrigued what you want it for

I recently started making clothing on a game I play.

ty everyone for all the responses, very helpful. xxxxx