Need help with something simple

Sorry if this is super easy but i'm new to this and have no clue how to do it.

Alright, so how do i make this black dog in the first image into a dog with the pattern of the second image?

So what i want is to get that pattern onto the dog.

post-117660-0-21971900-1377403559_thumb.

post-117660-0-11429300-1377403569_thumb.

First thing you need to do is open up the picture of the dog, select the magic wand tool -  :MagicWandTool:   click on the white background and delete it. Save your dog as a .png image.

Then open up your pattern and go to layers > import from file and select your dog image from where you saved it, move it to a position on the top of your pattern layer. 

Next on the dog image click on it with the magic wand tool  :MagicWandTool:  then - Ctrl+I to invert the selection, now go to your pattern layer and hit delete on your keyboard, you can also now delete your black dog image and you will end up with a patterned dog.

Save as a .png to maintain it's transparency :)

ZXCBOoZ.png

If you don't mind using plugins, you could use the Alpha mask import plugin. You end result will be a little bit less jagged around the edges that way.

First, install the plugin

Once you have it installed, open up both your pattern and the dog picture separately. Select the dog image and press ctrl+c to copy it to your clipboard.

Then, go to your pattern and run the alpha mask plugin. Make sure you have "paste from clipboard" selected and invert mask (if needed).

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

Please take a look at the forum rules and change your thread title accordingly. Thanks!

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

Sorry if this is super easy but i'm new to this and have no clue how to do it.

Alright, so how do i make this black dog in the first image into a dog with the pattern of the second image?

So what i want is to get that pattern onto the dog.

You can always put the pattern on top and set its layer property to multiply. While you are there try and few others. You may decide to use glow, negation or one of the others.

Easier than that open the dog in pdn,bring in the pattern as another layer,on the dog layer magic wand the white,with the selection active go to the pattern layer and hit delete on the keyboard,merge the two and done.

http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/21233-skullbonz-art-gallery