PDF Pluggin Index identified as containing VIRUS

I tried to download a simple PDF file to get a listing of the plugins available for Paint.net and the PDF was deleted by my antivirus protection because it contained a virus.

Is this the proper and most expedient platform for reporting severe issues?

Location of Paint.net webage:

http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/15260-plugin-index/

Visible linked content:

pdf.gif  Plugin Index - Aug 2013.pdf   200.05K   1512 downloads

Link to pdf file containing virus:

http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_id=6618

I also tried to download a Plugin from EdgeMastery and it contained a virus:

http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?showtopic=19682

Potentially a virus has invaded many of the plugins.

Edited by jamesbdunn

I scanned it with Sophos Antivirus and it is in fact virus free.  However, the file does appear to be corrupted.  Perhaps EER could reupload?

EDIT: Also, some overly ambitious antivirus programs flag DLLs (which are used by Paint.NET as plugin files) as viruses, since many DLLs can be viruses.  I think your virus software is a bit overly enthusiastic.  What program do you use?

Edited by david.atwell
Not corrupted.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

I manually check the downloads when I post each revision.  There should be no corruption or viruses - as confirmed by the multiple posters above.

I suspect that jamesbdunn has an overly aggressive virus scanner and that is reporting a false positive.

Confirmed - downloaded file on my home computer with no issues.  Corruption must have come into play from my work computer's drive encryption or some such thing.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

Thanks for the update David.