Small display bug in Choose Defaults dialog

In the Choose Defaults dialog in 3.0RC1, the Default Tool area seems a bit off:

defaultdisplaybug.jpg

The drop-down still works, almost. When you click the visible arrow behind the text, it pops out a box with the currently selected default tool and another drop-down arrow. Click the second drop-down arrow, and you can choose the new default tool.

I am not a mechanism, I am part of the resistance;

I am an organism, an animal, a creature, I am a beast.

~ Becoming the Archetype

Hmm... Well, I promise I didn't screw around with the screen shot, other than the fade on the right.

ddb2.jpg

I've tried restarting, since I noticed the problem during the same session right after I updated from Beta 3 to RC1, but that didn't fix anything. I also tried changing themes to see if that affected anything, to no avail. I don't have any third-party skinning software, such as WindowBlinds, on my computer, so that wouldn't be the cause of the problem. I'm using the Energy Blue theme under Windows XP Media Center Edition.

Since you can't reproduce it on your end, is there any way I could troubleshoot on my end to report back what strange things my computer is doing?

~ Becoming the Archetype

No change that I can see. The same odd display error haunts my dreams.

Anyway, if I'm the only one affected, than it's really not all too important. I don't plan on changing my default tool, like, ever. To be honest, I set my defaults when it was introduced in the Alpha stages, and I haven't touched 'em since. It was just out of curiosity that I went in there, and I happened to notice it and thought it didn't look quite correct.

~ Becoming the Archetype

Nope, still no change.

I'll grab the 3.0RC1 file and install it on my home machine this evening and see if I get the same thing there.

And, if any other 3.0 users are reading this, why not consider checking your own Choose Defaults dialog and comment on whether or not it's just me. I hate being alone... v_v

~ Becoming the Archetype

Nope, still no change.

I'll grab the 3.0RC1 file and install it on my home machine this evening and see if I get the same thing there.

And, if any other 3.0 users are reading this, why not consider checking your own Choose Defaults dialog and comment on whether or not it's just me. I hate being alone... v_v

I hate to say "works for me", but... it does. Sorry.

I'll let you know if either of my home machines are different.

I'm unable to repro it on:

* XP w/ Windows Classic theme

* XP w/ Royale theme (the one CMD is using)

* XP w/ Zune theme

* Vista w/ Aero

* Vista w/ Aero Basic

I'm looking at the code and the ZIP file addresses the one or two things that could possibly be causing this. If the Reset button doesn't work I have one more thing to try out though, CMD.

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

Alrighty then.

Hitting Reset, saving, and re-opening fixed the problem. I'm still not sure what caused it, but thank you!

I hate scratches on my CDs, I hate smudges on my computer screen, and that small error, and the fact that I had no idea what caused it, was kinda gnawing at me...

~ Becoming the Archetype

It could just be that there was a change in the way the settings are stored. Not your fault, but it won't affect enough people for it to be something worth finding a code fix for. (# of people who used alpha and tweaked this settings is very small compared to the # of people who will be downloading the final release in a few weeks :))

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

...if any other 3.0 users are reading this, why not consider checking your own Choose Defaults dialog and comment on whether or not it's just me. I hate being alone... v_v

Sorry CMD. For now, you are the one and only.

BK_BloodSaw_sig.png

- DO NOT contact me asking for the .pdn of my avatar or the PDN logo. Thank you. Have a nice day.