Is Paint.net still alive?

Paint.net has been stuck on this version because Rick has been working on version 4.0

There are tons of changes (I think he said he pretty much rewrote the code), so it's been a while. If I'm interpreting my info correctly, 4.0 is almost ready for a public alpha stage. There's just a few glaring bugs that need to be worked out.

• Upvote 1

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

Yes, paint.net is still alive. 4.0 has just been a LOT of work. What pdnnoob said is accurate.

You can see info about 4.0 on the blog: http://blog.getpaint.net/

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

:lol:

Sad isn't it? I bet he's gone all Twitter and Facebook...

I've been gone for a while, but still using Paint.NET

I'm sure Rick's work will be well worth the wait. PdN 4.0 will be awesome.

Edited by DarkShock

---- Gallery | Sig Tutorial | deviantART | Sig Videos | PhotoBucket ----

D                  E                  S                  T                  I                 N                  Y

Just registered to say thank you for this awesome project called Paint.Net and there is no rush to release a next version; and also to mention that would you ever want to stop the project it would a shame but it would be your call and we would respect it, we still would be thankful for its existence and by extension all the years you have invested developing it.

• Upvote 1

Even when Rick must bid Paint.NET adieu, I will still continue using it as long as I can get it to work on whatever PC I use!

I absolutely love the program b/c it has the power to do some really amazing things, while at the same time being really easy to use, all without the ridiculous price tag of other similar programs.  And lest we forget the power to customize!  I think this idea alone is probably the best one put into Paint.NET: It can be as simple or as complex as you'd like, all by simply downloading a few files & pasting them into a folder (or not!)  :smile:

Essentially, there are not enough nice things I can say about Paint.NET, nor the illustrious creator, Rick.

Thank you, sir, for all of your hard work & dedication to this work of art!

ZOsig_006_500x100.png.b84c066c96b0c32975b6df18c8979d38.png