Glossy Metallic Text

Rehosted the original images to restore this tutorial to full glory.

• Upvote 3

All can, but it is a slow process :evillaugh:. I've uploaded some 30 images with about 680 to go. I smile an evil little smile each time I remove one from photobucket :jark:

• Upvote 3

Isn't life a peach @EER :(.  Just when you think everything is honky-dory ........... wham.  Horrid, horrid Photo bucket =O.

If I can be of any assistance with helping to re-establish pic's please PM me - I'd be happy to assist ;).

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

At this stage just make a note of the important tutorials that have the dread Photobucket-fail image. I'll make a list and either push the author to update the images or *eventually* get around to replacing them myself. This could take years :(

• 8 months later...

This is my go

Golden-Swazz-Studios.png

I used the Squealer font, added a cool swirly background, gave the text a gold colour and a drop shadow.

FYI: SwazzStudios is a YouTuber who makes Plotagon Caillou Gets Grounded videos, and they're pretty good. Here are links to his account and the Plotagon website if anyone's interested: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFu3wjRFA04yeQbLL2Pfwcg / https://plotagon.com/

• Like 4

Big McThankies From McSpankies!

sakana sig resized.png

On 7/9/2017 at 5:10 AM, Ego Eram Reputo said:

At this stage just make a note of the important tutorials that have the dread Photobucket-fail image. I'll make a list and either push the author to update the images or *eventually* get around to replacing them myself. This could take years :(

I recommend using ImgBB (which I use to post my images btw), if reposting the images is what you're after.

Big McThankies From McSpankies!

sakana sig resized.png

• 5 months later...

Lordy it's been years ... pretty chronic looking back

Ummm I did it to the end of your video and got this:

calm.jpg

Alpha Mask doesn't always play nice any more,  so the only thing different to the tutorial, I used BoltBait's Switch Alpha to Grey plugin on the Alpha Mask layer ... then copied to clipboard>>> then Alpha Mask >>> then did it exactly the same as the tutorial

Hope you get it sorted

• Like 1

free-sig.png

... Blue 'Til I Die ...

My Gallery

• 4 months later...
14 minutes ago, LoudSilence said:

i cant see what the tutorial is, its so small for me, nobody else seems to have issues though

Click on each image to see it enlarged or view the images via PDF.

• Upvote 1
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi again Welshey.

I really like the outcome of this tutorial so I'd like to finish it,but I'm struggling a bit.😗

Please could you give me some advise.

Is copy to clipboard?

control A> control C> control V.

And second can I use 'Paste Alpha' instead of 'Alpha Mask?

And if so,can you let me know the settings.

I think I'm like a Magpie,always attracted to shiny things.😉

Cheers Mate.

man3.png.b0af54c550c595edb1cd36475856eecf.png

@Djisves ... apologies that's the first time I've seen this, great result.  Love the colour.

@ipswichmanc Ctrl + A  > Ctrl + C is copy to clipboard.

Paste Alpha ... I'm still on old money and use Alpha Mask, but I think you want Alpha Channel on Clipboard from the drop down menu if your mask isn't surrounded by anything ?  IE transparency

I could be wrong, will have to have a play

• Upvote 1

free-sig.png

... Blue 'Til I Die ...

My Gallery

9 minutes ago, ipswichmanc said:

You can't get 'Alpha Mask' anymore.

I've tried many times. Sorry for asking on an old tutorial.

I never knew that Alpha Mask is deprecated.  I'm still using it through not liking change syndrome

As for the asking ... no problem.  Ask away.  This tut' could be changed in so many ways, but finding enough hours for 'life' & PDN etc.  

If I can understand my own tutorial, have the black text layer as the mask, Ctrl+ A > Ctrl + C ... Paste Alpha at these settings

paste-alpha.png

free-sig.png

... Blue 'Til I Die ...

My Gallery