quick_wood_4.jpg

quick_wood_5.jpg

quick_wood_6.jpg

quick_wood_7.jpg

quick_wood_8.jpg

quick_wood_9.jpg

quick_wood_10.jpg

quick_wood_11.jpg

Experiment with different Settings/ Colours/ Blend Modes/ Opacity and different Plug Ins for interesting results

Examples:

Spoiler

example_1.jpg

example_2.jpg

quick_wood_polar.jpg

To see how to use Polar Transformation Check This Out

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Very nice, Welsh. Simple, yet effective. I'll definitely be using this for any wood I have to make in the future. :)

Any more wood puns and I'll Cut you guys down to size and Nail you to the wall. Remember, my Bark is worse than my bite.... :lol:

Nice effect Welshy ;)

• Upvote 2

Knowing EER's occupation I'll just call him 'stumpy'  :P 

What can I say but I'm the (literally)

... I wonder what ASH would make of it ...

Thanks EER, Drew' and Daniels ... it's one of those that playing around can yield tonnes of results ... damn I should used Splinter instead of Fragment Edited by welshblue

Hope you do not mind that i borrowed your image and made an addition. You can also make beveled flooring that will tile in both directions.

The image was 800x600 so you divide it into 4 200 pixel blocks. Select bottom layer and paste it to a new layer making sure it stays in the 0 to 200 area.

Add beveling to your liking. To remove beveling on the edge you leave it selected, bevel it and move it up. Deselect it.

[/url]">flooring_1.jpg

The bottom layer 200x600 you selected is still ready and should be pasted into another layer. Apply bevel and move into position.

[/url]">flooring_2.jpg

Make sure to randomly place the bevels to not be inline sideways. The example above has row 1 and 3 too close in horizontal.

The last row should be easily done and placed horizontally away from the other 3.

Edited by Visual

Nope I don't mind at all. Tutes are there to be expanded upon, all ideas welcomed to help everyone. Nice idea.

Have you tried JerkFight's hardwood floor tutorial ? I think it's sticky'ed in the textures thread

Just had a look see. It looks very good and a lot like pergo flooring. That type of flooring doesn't use a bevel like real hardwood floors do. If water was to collect and go down in the seams, it would expand like a sponge. The downside to modern products made from compressed fibers.

@AndrewDavid ... good catch on the screenshot.  Thanks. ( ... couldn't see the wood for the trees ... ) Amended now.  Nice result on the outcome ... seems like I'm getting plagued by wings today :P

@MJW ... Thanks.  The plain texture works better on smaller things or if you push it together and duplicate it a few times to make a bigger surface of wood texture (if that makes sense)