welshblue

Porcelain & Neon Text

EddiesMoonNeonSign.jpg

Hello Welshblue, Hey great tut!! I'm very new to PDN and photo editing in general. I'm really enjoying this very much and I've learned a ton of things in just the couple of weeks that I've been doing this. I thought I would try to combine a few things I learned like Removing and image from the background (My little dog Eddie), Making a Moon (I learned that one yesterday) and this awesome Text tut of yours. Eddie likes his little moon so he made a sign on it to claim his territory! Hahaha! Anyway, I had a couple little problems like the Vignette was too dark on my moon background so I just didn't do that step. I got confused with the Duplicate the Text layer>>Select the Text>>add new layer and Run Bevel Selection. I get the duplicating the layer but I ended up selecting text one letter at a time with the magic wand and I wasn't sure which layer to select the text from? It took several tries with different levels to get the Run Bevel to have an effect so I knew I was doing something wrong. Maybe you could help me get squared away with this step. The rest I think I held my own pretty well. My result didn't come out as bright in the middle part of the letters as I thought it would but I'll give it more tries for sure. Thanks for any input and advice you can send in my direction, and thanks for sharing such an awesome tut!

• Upvote 2

Great image cweber' ... thinking totally outside the box.

I see where you're refering to and what I did ... or didn't do as the case may be. I put asterisks on the layer but not on the text to show which layer I meant. I also didn't say to use the Magic Wand in Global mode.

No excuses but sometimes when you're writing a tutorial you're either thinking ahead to the next stage and forget something, or assume others know instinctively. Not a good thing to do.

I'll amend it in the next couple of days

Great image cweber' ... thinking totally outside the box.

I see where you're refering to and what I did ... or didn't do as the case may be. I put asterisks on the layer but not on the text to show which layer I meant. I also didn't say to use the Magic Wand in Global mode.

No excuses but sometimes when you're writing a tutorial you're either thinking ahead to the next stage and forget something, or assume others know instinctively. Not a good thing to do.

I'll amend it in the next couple of days

Thanks welshblue and I'm looking forward to using Neon again and to more of your great tutorials! Thanks for the reply and helping me getting squared away with the text question. I;'m getting ready for another foot of snow tonight here in upstate New York. Ugh! But and get some good photos of the snow. Thanks again , have a great day!

Thanks mate

Not sure when you'll get this (needs mod approval, my wrist is still stinging from the slap on it) but a stunning take on it. Love the addition of the glass

Thanks Welshy . Even with the slapped wrist you are still one of the top guys on this forum. Great artwork and great tutorials. Keep it up mate. ;)

Thanks Barbie . Drinks are on the house! :beer: :beer: :lol:

Edited by Goonfella

My first go at it, and my first thing created with PDN!

Sorry, with pic this time. Dang noobs.

post-135635-0-39679000-1395863211_thumb.

Edited by pdnnoob
Merged posts for you. There's an edit button if you ever mess up a post ;)

Awesome job PUN1SH3R ... the text really fits the image

On a side note ... haven't played that game in years.  It used to be a great way of getting rid of stress - loads of real people replaced the game characters when I pressed buttons ... 

So I was trying to do this tut again and maybe someone can help me. On the step where you run AA Assist 8 times, for some reason my image doesn't look like the one in the tut. The picture in the tut shows the letters almost like a neon sign, color on the outside and empty in the middle to look like a neon tube forming the letter. When I run it, my letters have a very thin line of color on the outside with a tick line of color inside, as seen in image 1. If I continue to run AA Assist more than 8 times, I can get it to look like image 2, but still no thick color. What am I doing wrong?

post-135635-0-67918600-1403025235_thumb.

post-135635-0-24046000-1403025241_thumb.

I notice in a previous post, it worked out fine for you ? It is odd that you can't get the same effect again :/ Perhaps a more seasoned member on here can shine a light to help you. Sorry for not bringing anything new to this for you :(

Edited by mottoman

I want to show my skill because I made a neon-sign, image.  I do not have the bevel pluggin, but, "I was able to make a picture with a glowing, electric, sign," says Jess Wyer.  

photo.jpg?sz=80

Edited by jesswyer

I really cant im a newb and cant get it -,- can somebody help me with a video or something i cant find many of the things in this T_T and english is not my native languaje

i got this:

AnhBfuA.png

• Like 1