folder_15.jpg

folder_17.jpg

folder_18_edit.jpg

:MoveLayerUp:  That should read 2 not 22  :MoveLayerUp: 

folder_19.jpg

Edited by Pixey
added .cc to Postimg images
  • Upvote 5

Another well written tutorial. I will add to my to do list.

Question- Should the picture before Conditional Hue / Saturation be read as 2 layers or did you actually use 22 layers ?

Edited by mottoman

Question- Should the picture before Conditional Hue / Saturation be read as 2 layers or did you actually use 22 layers ?

Thanks, and Good catch. My keyboards playing up ... got to practically hit some keys with a hammer. 2 layers. I've tried editing but PB is playing silly beggars again and messing up all the other links when I try to replace it.

@ Klaxxon ... thanks. Got to do somethng I hate being inactive and writing tute's is stopping me going on the rampage ...

*Edit ... I think this is in the wrong place ?  Is glossy a texture ??

Edited by welshblue

The finished folder will also take textures being set to Overlay or Multiply on a layer above them.  In the interests of not getting divorced for the time I've spent on this these are all stock textures but all 'doable' with PDN ... 

glossyfoldericonswithtextures.jpg

Damn.  In my haste to get of the PC PDQ I've added a reply not edited.  Apologies for the 'bump'

Edited by welshblue

Welsh, another great tut! And yes, I would think glossy is a texture. Love the water droplets folder along with the diamond plated one, as well. Heck, they're all really good.

Thanks Helen and NN ... I've got to admit after saving an example as an ico. file it looks pretty cool against my wallpaper

Nicely done Welshblue. Here is mine :)

folderforicon_zps02fa1d42.png

How do you get the texture on just the face of the folder? I tried it on the top most layer, but it covered the back and the paper too :/

• Upvote 3

Mine :D  Thank you for the time to make the tute.

aneffort_zps0c1edff4.png

Sasha. What I did was import an image as a layer from file, used the move tools to get it to fit the front of the folder, then went to the folder / merged layer,
magic wanded the outside of the folder, returned to my new imported layer and hit delete. That is the only way I could figure to do it. Wrong or right I'm not sure. ;)
(I kept my paper straight in the folder because I have OCD)

• Upvote 3

Good examples from both Sasha and Oceana. The text is clean on the former and the texture on the latter gives it a underwater look to it. 

Nice results Sasha and Oceana (I'm out of Rep points to give today ...)  Good to see you both putting your own personal touches to it

You were one step ahead of me Oceana ... I had to use the Selection Tool to delete the excess texture.  Yep the best time to add the texture is before you flatten, then do as you did or Alpha Mask (yep I actually said Alpha Mask ...)

The texture idea was a late thought, but I will add screenshots in the next couple of days.

BTW a small tip for the shadows under the folders ... Motion Blur @ 0.00 Angle and playing with Distance gives a nicer shadow (IMO anyways ...)

Nice outcomes Sasha, Oceana, Klaxxon and nitenurse. A very worthwhile pin on a well explained tute mate. Congratz B)

Another 2 really nice results from Klaxxon and NN.

Love the iridescence (or is it pearlescence ... I always get mixed up with those 2) of NN's

Nice to see a different angle from Klaxxon.  I never thought of doing that as they were originally for .ico files.  Looks great

Thanks EER and everyone for the pin congrats ... a couple more in the pipeline

Thanks Dug ... it wasn't made for competition to mine  :evillaugh:

I'm going tute' mad lately, currently working on 3 others 

I've tried this tutorial more than once and I still get lost. Is there an easier way to do it?

Sure, get an unpaid intern to do it for you. :P

Which step are you getting stuck on? or lost on?

Sure, get an unpaid intern to do it for you. :P

Which step are you getting stuck on? or lost on?

The entire tutorial has me lost. I'm using the newest version of PDN and I still can't do the tutorial. I couldn't even make it work with the 3.5 version. The gradient merge is where I get stuck. at the end of the merge I see corners of the square that I created the gradient from and I know that's not supposed to happen.

Edited by mackenzieh