welshblue

Make a notepad page rewritten 2019

This tutorial is available as a PDF. Original Version Click here to view or download the PDF

New Notepad Page PDF Version

New Notepad with Crease PDF Version

Crease-Rewrite-Header.png

Plugins Needed:

Diagonal Lines  Align Object

The Tutorial

Spoiler

Pad-1.png

Pad-2.png

Pad-3.png

Pad-4.png

Pad-5.png

Pad-6.png

Pad-7.png

Pad-8.png

Pad-9.png

Play with Opacity/ Blend Modes of the Lines, for different results.

The same as the base layer.  Duplicated and then Multiply gives a nice dark effect

notebook-4.png 

To make the paper creased

PlugIns Needed: Trail Blur  Flip Horizontal/ Vertical

Spoiler

Page-Crease-1.png

Deselect the Selection (Ctrl + D)

Crease-re-1.png

Crease-re-2.png

Crease-re-3.png

Crease-re-4.png

A folded piece of paper.  Boring.  Add a whole page below the folded one

Crease-re-5.png

Crease-re-6.png

Still boring.  Let's add a shadow

Crease-re-7.png

Crease-re-8.png

Crease-re-9.png

You're finished.  Flatten without the Background Layer and save as a .png to use in other projects

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Unless you're into Origami ... plain paper is just plain paper, dull as dishwater.  Add text or add a couple of tutorials by @toe_head2001 Sticky Note  Scotch Tape

Crease-re-TH.png

Edited by welshblue
Added PDF link
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 6

@ Klaxxon ... many thanks.  All the years I've known YM and I don't think I knew that video existed ... I certainly didn't know Diagonal Lines existed.  I knew there was a quicker way to get the lines ... (I'll PM yellowman and see if he minds me adding the diagonal lines step in ... having tried it, it knocks about 4 screenshots off ...)

@ Mottoman ... many thanks.  Great result.  Your top page looks a lot better than mine the way you've used Grid Warp

We must recognize that YM is brilliant sometimes.

But you always are.

I wish I was. You make me blush ...

In all my time here I would have to say that YM is the one I've learnt the most from. Then ASH and OMA.

I've got my own way of doing things but YM can make me shake my head in wonderment and awe ... he's a genius and nice with it.

Whereas I'm sometimes a halfwit and 'orrible with it ;)

Being honest, he should be King of PDN and The Rabbi ... and almost every award going for excellence(I'd like to keep the music one ...)

I sometimes want to hit myself upside my head. I didn't really know what to use the Grid Warp for--maybe it's because no one explained it so easily as you have. Nice job. :)

Nice presentation Welshy, with nice result as well,

And no mate, you can't use the plugin same as I did, this is a Copyright infringement ;) joking

Feel free, Welshy use whatever you want to use.

@ Klaxxon, Thanks for saying so, I every time feel happy to share anything I know about PDN, because I know I will get back surprises from other users, and that makes me even happier.!

It wasn't until @Pixey linked to this; that I realised how shockingly bad it was in some ways.  Updated with better results.  Less steps.

I'll add the steps for 'folded' paper tomorrow 

@Ego Eram Reputo ... I'm loathe to get rid of the first PDF for sentimental reasons.  Woodsy and all that.

It'll be OK to keep that and add a new one, yeah ?

On 11/18/2019 at 11:09 PM, Ego Eram Reputo said:

No problem with that. Go for it.

Will do mate

Tutorial updated with how to make it folded.  PDF to follow once I get the sight of paper out of my head 🤓

3 hours ago, toe_head2001 said:

Shouldn't the lines on the fold look like this?

Go away 🤨

I knew something wasn't right when I was doing it.    I should have flipped the cut out vertically then positioned it like my OoTF entry. 

Thanks for pointing it out T_H ... it looks a right dog's dinner now

Edited by welshblue

My goodness me - I never noticed this tutorial before 🙄 now have downloaded the PDF and am off to play 😁

1 hour ago, Pixey said:

My goodness me - I never noticed this tutorial before

It's the one you linked to for the OoTF Notepad Comp' 😉

I just thought that one was so bad I rewrote it.  The PDF at the top is the one @Woodsy wrote for the old one.  I'll be adding the new one either today or tomorrow

OK now I've rectified my <Family-friendly forum.> up (thanks @toe_head2001) and the fold is now right.  On the plus side,  it gave me a chance to get a more realistic shadow etc.

ProTip for anyone thinking of writing a tutorial at 4 a.m. in the morning after 7 hours sleep in 3 days.  Don't.  It causes grief

Also to those who have wrote tutorials is it just me who gets frustrated trying to click OK on a screenshot ?

27 minutes ago, welshblue said:

It's the one you linked to for the OoTF Notepad Comp' 😉

homer-thinking-smiley-emoticon.gif  It's official I'm going  gone GaGa 😂

2 minutes ago, Pixey said:

homer-thinking-smiley-emoticon.gif  It's official I'm going  gone GaGa 😂

... at least I'm in good company 👍 

The second part of this tut' sent me totally over the edge.  I don't think PDN has ever confused me so much.

Updated with PDF's.  I split it into 2 PDF's.  One for the Page itself.  One for the added crease

I also kept the PDF of the original ... seems totally disrespectful to get rid when @Woodsy gave his time to do it

• Like 2

<3 @welshblue!

I have a problem. 

Second part of the tutorial "Effects >>> Flip Horizontal" after the click doesn't show up in my case as with your picture.

Flip Horizontally not at the left side to the outside (yours is like this) but to the Flip-Horizontal right side.

How should I correct?

10-Dezember2019.png

10-Dezember2019h.png

13 hours ago, Seerose said:

I have also tried, (De-Select) yet not achieved the desired effect.

New Notepad Page PDF Version >>> Second is not notepad, but "Animal Texture".

Thank you so much for your effort. :cake: :coffee:

I'm not sure what happened with the PDF ... it was opening the right one for me.  It's updated now anyways.

As for the problem ... again strange.  If you're cutting the corner of the page, pasting it in a New Layer, De-Selecting - then it should Flip Horizontally like tut' example ?

• Like 1