Sign in to follow this  
welshblue

How many do you know ?

After a great idea by yellowman I've decided to pull this image from my gallery, to see how many answers people can get without them being there

All answers relate to PDN ... however ambiguous a link it is

Have fun.  10 rep points (over 2 days to anyone who can complete it)

http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2013/175/c/6/crossword_by_pdnwelsh-d6agg4x.jpg">http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2013/175/c/6/crossword_by_pdnwelsh-d6agg4x.jpg

Edited by welshblue
  • Upvote 2

Wow, this is amazing! I'll have to copy this to a piece of paper (no printer) so I can work on it, although I have to admit I am horrendously poor at solving crossword puzzles.

@ YM ... duh you're right - I knew it was a 3 letter name.  Scratch dpy for MKT.  BTW you've got 27 Across wrong  ;)

Also forgot to thank EER for the plug-in index (which I obviously forgot to check as YM pointed out) and for helping me get it finished by filling in some blanks

Edited by welshblue

Just seen another mistake ... the last one or I'll eat my mouse ... 69 Down is only 2 letters not the (4) I've put ... maybe why I've spent my life cutting trees down to make paper, not printing on them

*** Changes made in first post

Edited by welshblue

I thought that was 53 across.

:evillaugh:

... personal thanks and for the help behind the scenes  ;)

Thanks EER.  I've got to say you saved me from that psychosis ... 

I think you're the only one who can finish it unless you've deleted the example  :evillaugh:

45 down is missing the clue? 

69 down has 2 spaces but clue says it is 4 letters?

I have 16 blanks...attached is what I have so far...

This thing has been a headache from start to finish ... definitely one of the pieces I wish I'd never had the mis-inspiration to do 

45 Down ... duh.  I didn't have the GIF(t) of brains .  

69 Down ... must have had my mouth full when I put (4) letters in the clue .  The puzzle at the top was amended when YM blew my smugness outta the water  :evillaugh: It's now (2)

It is very hard to write a crossword & this one is the very first cryptic puzzle I have ever done. I spent over 2 hours on it last night. As frustrating as it was at times, it was also a great challenge to take away the cares of the day & I loved it!

11 more to go.

31a - two?

48a - plugin

21d - dissolve

31d - tints

69d - up

Hope Yellowman that you are not stuck on the same ones as me :D How are you going with it?

Definitely not a mis-inspiration Welshy! 

I have 21 blanks :(

@barbieq25:  I can't resolve 31 down as "tints" because I have 38 across = Varicose.  Am I wrong? (edit: yes)

Best Clue: 41 across!  Sharp eyed bird :roll::lol:

Most troubling clue: 73 across.  I supplied the word - but still couldn't figure out the clue :(

Darn, I am at work & I cannot find my attachment! I will have to do it in PDN instead of pencil & paper :)

Yes, what a great clue is 41  :P 

I will post up what I have already when I get it done...bummer on the attachment :(

Yup - GDI.  Thought the clue was a bit....difficult.

@barbieq25:  17 down.  I have Hoo (=cry) and Cool for Yellowman's work.  I like your Hue + Real combination better.  Thanks!