Another resize question

I've used paint.net to crop and save pictures to my pc, but I've never dealt with resizing the pics to a certain size. I'm trying to send a picture to someone and I have to have a size of 100K or smaller. I went to Image, Resize and lowered it down to 99.5KB. But, the picture is so small, that I can't see detail on the pic. Is there a way to have the file size 100K and under, and still be able to see what's in the pic?

Did the image start out being 171 x 149?

Try this:

Open original image. Then do the following:

Ctrl+A(Select All), Ctrl+C(Copy), Ctrl+Alt+V(Paste Into New Image), Ctrl+SHIFT+S(Save As)

Make sure you save as a Jpeg. Then you can reduce the image quality to save disk space.

See if that lowers the size of the image in KB.

Take responsibility for your own intelligence. 😉 -Rick Brewster

OK...I guess this just isn't going to work for me. I took the original image, took the suggested steps, and did save as...lowered the image quality. However, to get down to 100K, I have to lower the quality down to 1...and the image is completely distorted! Then, I tried to take the smaller image (that's 99.5 K) and resize it back up to see if I could get the subjects to be more visible...but it's very blurred (as I figured it would be). I guess 100K is just a small file size and even .jpg doesn't work well with it!

If you guys have any other suggestions...great! Otherwise, I'll probably just have to print the photo and send it thru US mail! augh!

thanks!

Why must you send the photo via a postal service? Why not send it via an email service? I can not think of any email service that limits attachments to 100kb.

BK_BloodSaw_sig.png

- DO NOT contact me asking for the .pdn of my avatar or the PDN logo. Thank you. Have a nice day.

Why must you send the photo via a postal service? Why not send it via an email service? I can not think of any email service that limits attachments to 100kb.

My guess is that it's a limit for forum posting or some stuff like this.

By the way, a good jpeg compression easily lowers the file under the 100k limits (if you're not too expectant over the quality... 100k is quite small).

Just save as... select jpg and set the compression quality to whatever you want.

Regards,

Skro

ZoC radio, Chaos is on the air