How to Install Plugins ×

TRs Displacement Map 3D Version 2.1

TechnoRobbo

@ Pixey:  Hover over the plugin title in the menu and a tool tip will appear telling you the plugin details (if they exist).  A lot of modern plugins will give you the DLL name and the author.

Thanks @EER - I was in such a rush yesterday, so didn't check (or read) properly which plug in I was trying out :roll: .  Anyway, it seems that TR's plug in is OK, at least for me, but Curtis's is not and, apparently, it can't be fixed :( .

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

• 5 years later...

Hi Everyone.

I don't know if this fine Plug-in works with Paint.Net 4.2.1 ?

I just installed TRs Displacement Map 3D Version 2.0 and followed the very good YouTube tutorial, however,

The Plug-in took hours to render and locked up my PC which I then had to crtl-Alt-Delete.

Will there be an updated version of this plug-in?

Kindest regards

Roger the Dodger😊

5 hours ago, BoltBait said:

Can you give the author some more info to go on, like the sizes of the images you’re working with...

Hi BoltBait

My apologies for not including the information first of all.

The Photo I was working on was 3264 x 2448 (JPG File).

I really would love to use TR's excellent plug-in.

Hope it's just something I did not do in the process.

Thanks again

Roger the Dodger😊

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Members

I was wondering if anyone knows whether TR's Displacement Map 3D is likely to be updated

for Paint.Net 4.2.1 ?

I have installed the plug in twice now and tried it out but still can not get it to work, it ends up

hanging/crashing my PC.

Unless I am using it incorrectly?

Hope some on an offer some advice.

Kindest regards

Roger the Dodger😊

• toe_head2001 changed the title to TRs Displacement Map 3D Version 2.1

I have posted a bug-fix release (v2.1) in the first post.

It solves two performance issues:

- If there was not an image on the clipboard, the plugin re-attempted to retrieve an image from the clipboard on every single pixel.  This is why the plugin would hang sometimes.

- The plugin computed shading data on every single pixel, even when a pixel didn't need or use shading data.

It should be much faster now.

Also, the plugin now uses a built-in method from Paint.NET to retrieve images from the clipboard; simplify the plugin source code.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png
My Gallery  |  My Plugin Pack

Layman's Guide to CodeLab

• 1 year later...

Wow... You Are a  great Artist!  Love that exploding plant you made ...awesome. I love your plugins. I never knew you had so many. I will donate to you next month when my S.S. $ comes. I can not even imagine how you developers make these plugins work and do what they do. You guys are amazing.