Suggestions for PDN!

Some suggestions for the program:

- .psd support: many people use photoshop for layered images, I would like psd support so I can view them (if there aren't any legal issues with adobe of course). There is a plugin, however.

- layer support for .tiff files: tiff supports layers but you can't write layered tiff files in PDN.

- a function that hides/shows all windows (colors, tools, etc.), because they get in the way sometimes. Maybe the W key (W for Windows)?

- When dancing ants return in 4.0, there should be an option to still use the current blue/grey selection thing, as I like it more than the ants. Not a huge deal but it would be nice.

It's like Paint, but on steroids.

Make sure you are downloading the .psd filetype plugin from this forum to ensure you have the latest version. (Click here for the most recent version of the plugin)

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

- When dancing ants return in 4.0, there should be an option to still use the current blue/grey selection thing, as I like it more than the ants. Not a huge deal but it would be nice.

Not going to happen; however, you will be able to disable UI animations and this will give you a non-animated selection outline.

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

Some suggestions for the program:

- layer support for .tiff files: tiff supports layers but you can't write layered tiff files in PDN.

- a function that hides/shows all windows (colors, tools, etc.), because they get in the way sometimes. Maybe the W key (W for Windows)?

Tiff support is unlikely to change.  It's an old format which has been largely superseded.

Pressing F5, F6, F7 & F8 together at the same time is a quick way of getting the windows out of the way when you're working on a large canvas (I call this the 'Rimmer' :D)