Sign in to follow this  
Daniels

CISPA

To all my fellow American forum mates:

The Cyber Intelligence Sharing and Protection Act (CISPA) has recently passed the House of Representatives. CISPA is a bill that would allow the government to access your personal online information by requesting it from technology companies. This is a violation of our civil liberties. You can take action at http://www.cispaisback.org/. Sign the petition, call your congressmen, and help spread the word. Let's keep this thing from going any further.

Dck8QBt.png?1

Who on earth sponsors these kinds of bills?

Technologically impaired individuals who are scared to death of communication tools they don't have full control over. Ok, so maybe that's being overly harsh, but the majority of supporters of the act were conservatives...

As far as I'm concerned, this is one of the only areas where I side with the democratic party.

What the government doesn't seem to understand is that the internet is not a US product they can poke through whenever they please. I wonder what other countries think of this...

... the majority of supporters of the act were conservatives...

Really? Conservatives supported this? My disappointment in the "Conservatives" of today continues to grow... I think some deeper digging is in order for me.

I think I'm still on the Hoover list anyway so what's one more?   lol  But I signed it,heh,heh.

In this day and age it's getting harder and harder to have privacy anywhere,including in a building thanks to thermal imaging,anywhere in the world thanks to satellite imagery from space and the millions of cameras on Earth. When was the last time you read anything or watched on the news that wire tapping was a big deal in criminal cases? You never hear about them anymore because they don't need them anymore. Makes you wonder how many good folks they are listening to along with the bad boys,lol. The more technology advances,the closer we move to no privacy at all,everything will be an open book. We have no choice,it goes with the territory. When it gets to the point they can tell what you are thinking and arrest you for that,I hope I'm already buried,lol

I wonder what other countries think of this...

This person from this country thinks the same about it as I did when there was a big fuss about the UK introducing mandatory ID cards ... nothing the Governments do surprises me.  If they can lie about WMD and get away with it then they think they're above reproach.

If it's passed over there it won't be too long until butt-licking Britain follows suit.  Do I care ... not really.  Like the ID cards - I've nothing to hide.  

Except the odd anti-establishment rant ... 

I laugh at those who believe that you just have to accept that your privacy is gone forever. If you believe it, you've already given it away. The safest way to exist on the internet is when they can't trace where you are or who you are. How would they know how to hurt you if they don't know anything about you? They do it to profit from it and don't really care if some lose everything during the learning process as long as it doesn't affect them or their profits. When they compile huge terabytes on everyone it gets stored. That storage is comprimised and then problems happen. Do anything you must to hide your whereabouts and who you really are. Freedoms are usually given away to the sound of clapping.

Making money is great. If you ruin a few million family's ability to buy a home or things for their living because your service stored their data, and that data was broken into, wasn't that a hollow victory? Should you boast of those profits? I hear the fututre problem involves the stolen id of children still in grade schools. There are already accounts opened in many of their names and crooks are abusing it. What happpens to them when they come of age?

Edited by Visual