Getting started - Getting asking. RAW files and saving files

Hello,

I installed Paint.NET for the first time. Downloaded tons of lovely looking plugins from this forum. Among of them is RAWFile.dll.

Unfortunately the editor not able open RAW file from such an old camera like Canon 5D.

I appreciate for this nice editor and great support job, but can anyone advise is raw module that open raw from modern cameras and back to Canon 5D model exists?

Sorry if this topic already discussed, I could not find it.

Also, when I was saving files, the program does not add automatically file extension. Is it a bug of feature?

Thank you and my appreciation!

Stas

Also, when I was saving files, the program does not add automatically file extension

I'm curious as to what you mean here, because it might be your problem. Are you saying the .raw file extension doesn't appear in the list of extensions in the "save as" window?

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

I'm curious as to what you mean here, because it might be your problem. Are you saying the .raw file extension doesn't appear in the list of extensions in the "save as" window?

No, no, when I'm saving a new file in any format, extension is not being added to the filename. Like, I created a new file and save it to one of the available formats. format is Ok, but I have to type extension '.something' myself otherwise file does not get it.

You don't need to type the extension and you shouldn't.

The space you are typing in is for the Filename only. Specify the extension using the drop down list and it will be appended automatically. If you manually type one in after the filename the file will end up with two extensions.

re:RAW support. there are a number of plugins. Try each one individually to see if they will work with your camera format.

The space you are typing in is for the Filename only. Specify the extension using the drop down list and it will be appended automatically.

- No, it does not appended automatically. Just wondering why.

Yes it does.  I mean appended to the file - not in the filename text box.

i.e. hitting SAVE with this information

yhsjjie-110.png

Produces this file

yhsjjie-111.png