A list of issues I would like help fixing

Issue 1: Is there anyway I can change the line tool and paintbrushes, to place down just one solid color? Right now they put down arange of shades of my selected color, which makes these tiny little spots in the work I do which takes forever to get out.

issue 2. When typing out text often my typing will start activating hotkeys instead of letters midway through a sentence and that can cause a huge amount of problems. Also sometimes the typing fails to register at all, and annoyingly often the little symbol thatis grabbed onto to move text goes invisible. Anyway to aviod this? Like a text priority bar? Or just a way to shut off hotkeys?

Issue 3. So often I go up to hit save and accidently click print instead, sometimes causing the paint program to crash. Anyway to remove that from my bar?

Issue 4. Another thing that annoys is that I give it a que of commands, like maybe I'll click something with the paint bucket thirty times then have to just sit back and wait for the paint program to cach up. But then sometimes I'mm miss and hit a line instead of a space. If that happens all I can do is try to minimize the program over and over again until hopefully the que breaks. Is there an easier way to do this?

Issue 5. Is there a spraycan can plugin somewhere?

1. Turn off antialiasing in the toolbar, perhaps? Can't really say for sure without a screenshot to illustrate what you mean.

2. Hmm, never heard of this. Are you typing in other languages like Polish which use Alt and Ctrl for typing in accented characters? Not sure if that's the right term, but I know typing stuff like "Ł" was a problem when some of the commands use Ctrl+Alt for their shortcut. I think Adjustments->Levels used to be Ctrl+Alt+L and this caused no end of frustration for some people. As it says in the status bar, the compass handle is hidden when you press Ctrl. Pressing Ctrl again will show it.

3. Ctrl+S

4. Probably either your computer is slow, or doesn't have much memory (RAM), or you're working with very very large images. There is no bug here, you'll just have to upgrade at some point.

5. No. And there never will be a spray can in Paint.NET. Sorry but that feature from mspaint is terrible :)

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

1. exampleol.png

To the left is what the paintbrush currently does. The right is what I would like it to do.

2. No, I'm using English. I just want to turn off hotkeys. I think its just sometimes there is a little lag when I type into the image causing it to activate the hotkeys instead of the text letters. Which is wy I can only think of removing hotkeys as a solution.

3. If I turn off hotkeys that won't help me.

4. I did not say it was a bug, I just want a better way to break the que if I make a mistake.

5. But it is a great way to throw a splattering of texture onto an image without putting any signifiant amount of time into it. :(

Edited by Humility

Most of the lag issues are simply down to the relatively modest hardware.

2. you can't turn the hotkeys off.

3. be more careful where you click or use the hotkey Rick gave you.

4. hardware specs. Time to upgrade RAM and/or processor.

5. search for "custom brushes".

1. Like Rick said, turn off the anti-alias (it's one of the buttons to the right of the brush size option)

2. If you're typing in English, the only way you can hit a hotkey while typing is if you accidentally press ctrl instead of shift. I've never had the issue ever, and I highly doubt its the result of lag. The computer can't "accidentally" change the input value unless there is something wrong with your keyboard (in which case, it would happen in all your programs).

3. You can't off hotkeys, so ctrl+s will work just fine

4. It really really helps to have at least a dual-core processor. If your current computer has a single-core processor, any dual-core computer would probably run paint.net faster. If you're looking for something cheap, go for processing power and skip the graphics card. 4GB of RAM should be plenty unless you're working with large images.

5. Custom brush plugin

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

I wouldn't ask my super desktop to do paint bucket by clicking it 30 times and sitting back waiting to see what happens. My grandaughter would,but she is only 7 years old. So why would you do that to a limited resource laptop and expect it to keep up? I believe you are overworking the little guy,lol.

http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/21233-skullbonz-art-gallery

• 4 weeks later...

You know sometimes a person just has to make do with what they have. Its not a moral failing if I can't get a computer as strong as I would like it.

And finally someone somewhere else told me that apparently turning off anti-aliasing is what causes the brush to do what I want.

Edited by Humility

If you already know your computer is limited in resources why would you click anything 30 times and expect it to keep up? Just wondering for my own curiosity,not trying to beat a dead horse.

http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/21233-skullbonz-art-gallery

And finally someone somewhere else told me that apparently turning off anti-aliasing is what causes the brush to do what I want.

You've got to be kidding me.  It was the FIRST THING Paint.NET Developer Rick Brewster said to you in the very first reply you got in this thread.

1. Turn off antialiasing in the toolbar, perhaps? Can't really say for sure without a screenshot to illustrate what you mean.

We're trying to help you here.  Your part of the bargain is to listen to what people are telling you.