Where can I make a pic that looks like you are seeing it through binoculars?

I am trying to create the look that you are seeing a pic through binoculars. I can't seem to find anywhere to do this. I thought I could with Paint.net but I can't find it here either.
Any idea's would help.

Thanks,

BeehindBlueyes

Hoverkitties.gif

Be the kind of Woman, who, when your feet hit the floor in the morning, The Devil say's OH NO, SHE'S UP!

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened."...Anatole France

Like Visual said, you won't get this effect if you look through an actual pair of binoculars...but you might have if you looked through paper-tube binoculars as a kid, which, I suspect, is part of the reason the effect came about.

Welshie's tutorial is about as easy as it gets, though I would put the circles closer together with more blur so the effect doesn't get in the way of the image as much.

Edited by pdnnoob
  • Upvote 1

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

@ Visual.  I look forward with bated breath to how you're going to help the OP out.  Put your money and all that ... 

Do you doubt my integrity? Et Tu Brute? Everything always comes down to what you actually do with proof, and less what you tell others with lip service that you will do some day. Look at how many first round mouth pieces get in signing bonuses, but end up doing nothing in results for the team.

Talk less, do more. This is what the world needs more of.

Edited by Visual

What's your point?  Welshy provided a workable and elegant technique, while you did what exactly?

Talk less, do more.

This.

• Upvote 1

*ahem* Stay on topic, people.

Anyhow, I just pulled out a pair of binoculars. If you don't know what you're doing and you set it too wide (dat terminology) for the distance between your eyes, it does, in fact, appear somewhat like Welshie's end product.

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

Thank you very much WelshBlue :) I am still kinda new at this layering stuff but I will be working on it the way you said. I'll post it here if I can get it right.

Hoverkitties.gif

Be the kind of Woman, who, when your feet hit the floor in the morning, The Devil say's OH NO, SHE'S UP!

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened."...Anatole France

lol   :D   

I think Welsh did a fine job of giving a noob a quick and easy way of doing this. Blueeyes wanted something that gave the appearance of looking through a set of binoculars. One hole would have given you the appearance of looking through a telescope. Everyone who is an artist without an engineering degree would know that in the picture world two would give the "appearance" of being binoculars.

http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/21233-skullbonz-art-gallery

BTW ... Be the kind of Woman, who, when your feet hit the floor in the morning, The Devil say's OH NO, SHE'S UP! ... Isn't that all women :P

;)

Hoverkitties.gif