Sky removal

2BadRic

Hello and welcome to the forum.  

You need to use the Magic Wand tool :MagicWandTool:

Select the tool, hold down the CTRL key and make multiple selections until the entire sky is selected  (this is what the Ctrl key allows).  You may need to reduce the Tolerance in the Tool Bar if the selections creep out of bounds.  

Press Delete.

Remember to save the file in a format that supports transparency (i.e. PNG not JPG).

Hello,

I tried doing what you said, but when I release the control key, my hourglass stays on the screen and nothing happens to the sky???

Let me ask another question:

After I hit control,,,use the "magic wand tool",,,should I see something AS I USE THE TOOL? When I used it, nothing changed on the picture and then I released 'control', and hit 'delete' ,,,nothing happened...

Sorry for not understanding.

Thank you for your help,

2BR

An easy way to remove the sky is to sample the color of the sky with the eyedropper tool. Then go to Effects/Color/Grim color reaper ( http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?showtopic=15595 ) and remove the primary color. You can adjust the amount removed to suit your need.  Hope this helps.  ;)

http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/21233-skullbonz-art-gallery

After I hit control,,,use the "magic wand tool",,,should I see something AS I USE THE TOOL? When I used it, nothing changed on the picture and then I released 'control', and hit 'delete' ,,,nothing happened...

Hold down the Ctrl key as you make multiple clicks on the sky.   When you're finished making the selection(s) you can release the Ctrl key and press Delete.

The Ctrl key is Paint.NET's way of saying "add this bit I'm clicking on to the current selection".