Need help in moving one section of picture

jgreen

Hi, I am designing a baseball uniform using paint.net. The player's name on the back of the jersey is not centered. I need to somehow move the name and only the name to the right. I know nothing about paint and the move tools don't do anything except shade the entire drawing. Could someone give me step by step info on how to move the name? I would appreaciate it very much.

Post your image here and I can try to help you.

LE:

The simple solution is to move the selected area
and use clone stamp tool as shown below.

hsl5wo.jpg

Edited by klaxxon

If you put the names on their own layer, you could edit them/move them around without affecting anything else in the image.

Layers may seem daunting when you first begin to use them, but once you understand them, you'll wonder how you ever did anything without them.

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

Post your image here and I can try to help you.

LE:

The simple solution is to move the selected area

and use clone stamp tool as shown below.

hsl5wo.jpg

Thaks, but I can't find a clone stamp tool in the tool section.

Thanks, I found it but I can't get it to do anything. A cross and a rectangle box appear - I place them on the left of the name (I want to move it to the right) press the mouse, move the thing toward the name, thinking it'l push it but it goes right through it. How do you "select" an area?

Edited by jgreen

Your best option is to press F1 on your keyboard and read the online documentation / help files. This will explain all the features paint.net has to offer :)

Edited by DrewDale

BREtKQW.png

I cannot learn all the features now. I just need to move the name over. How do I select an area before using the

clone stamp? Then how do I use the clone stamp to move the selected area? Thanks.

Edited by jgreen

You don't need to read the entire paint.net documentation just to learn how to use clone stamp. Just skip to the part you need. Here, I'll even link to it for you: http://www.getpaint.net/doc/latest/CloneStamp.html

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

Why not  use control and magic wand and highlight all the letters you want to move and copy them,then add another layer and paste them on that for easy manuevering.  Then go back to the tea shirt layer and eye drop the color of the shirt and bucket fill the letters you moved. Then go move your letters around and merge when set.

On the magic wand you may have to adjust the tolerance to lock on to the letters clean.

Edited by skullbonz

http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/21233-skullbonz-art-gallery