Put an already-animated GIF into a still picture (making new gif)

Had no idea how to efficiently word my question in the title.

I am new to pdn and gif making and picture stuff in general.

I've found a few tutorials on how to make gifs. 

heres the thing: I have a static picture, and a already-made gif from a friend.

I want to put the animated gif INTO the static picture, and make it a new gif.

As in, the original animated gif remains animated and functions all the same, but basically now it is just part of a photo which remains still. For example, my specific idea currently is a photograph of my city I took, but I want to put the animated gif over a billboard that is in the photo.

Hope this made sense,

hope someone can help out!

Thanks guys

-Adam

Had no idea how to efficiently word my question in the title.

I am new to pdn and gif making and picture stuff in general.

I've found a few tutorials on how to make gifs. 

heres the thing: I have a static picture, and a already-made gif from a friend.

I want to put the animated gif INTO the static picture, and make it a new gif.

As in, the original animated gif remains animated and functions all the same, but basically now it is just part of a photo which remains still. For example, my specific idea currently is a photograph of my city I took, but I want to put the animated gif over a billboard that is in the photo.

Hope this made sense,

hope someone can help out!

Thanks guys

-Adam

If I understood correctly, you want a animated picture to be still, and then be able to switch around the animations? Well, if I did I don't think it's possible to do this unless you have all of the previous pictures, and if you have all the animated layers seperated. You could possibly seperate them manually by selecting those parts by using the magic wand tool.

If I understood correctly, you want a animated picture to be still, and then be able to switch around the animations? Well, if I did I don't think it's possible to do this unless you have all of the previous pictures, and if you have all the animated layers seperated. You could possibly seperate them manually by selecting those parts by using the magic wand tool.

I want the animated gif to run inside of a still picture. I'd like to remain animated... just, "framed" i guess you could say, by a still picture. The final desired product would still, technically, be an animated gif. 

Basically, all the animating is all already done, and i dont have the individual layers or frames, only the final gif...

I'm having a really hard time explaining this for some reason haha, but hopefully making sense. 

Sounds like you gave me my answer though - sounds like what youre saying is that I'd need every individual layer of the gif in order to make this new picture. 

• 4 years later...

It is 2017.  Apng fell out of popularity and is no longer supported by browsers. 

There are dozens of tutorials on how to do this with P H O T O S H O P.  I was told by paint.net people if I want to play with gifs to go and get GIMP.  I did and learned everything GIMP had to offer in the gif department.  And felt like a caveman beating on a hairy drum using one outdated and unsupported addon for GIMP that got blurry non-professional results. 

<spam>

You've been a member here for six years and yet you revive a four year old thread to spam the forum with your opinion and software??

I don't think so.

<closed>