Galeria de Daniels - 18 July, 2013 - A Fruity Submission

Daniels

Helen nicked my words again! :P  I do hope you develop the Star Trek theme a bit more. I love those Newton balls. Very pretty.

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

You must be reading my mind Daniels with the wip,lol,I have been thinking about making one of those. You have a nice start to it,try that tute of yellowman's for the balls,you might have to do two perspectives of the balls and reflections though. One for the stationary balls and one for the swinging one. Can't wait to see it finished.    :)

http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/21233-skullbonz-art-gallery

I really like your wip, some nice things going on in that image, like you I also get a little lost  and need pointers on things, I'm having difficulty completing an alien right now.

A star trek theme to it would be good though (as pointed out)  Perhaps have my alien sitting behind the desk. :)

Edited by sashwilko

swIFX9v.png

The work in progress is mighty impressive Daniels, really like the detail in the chair and the addition of the note paper with writing on it is spot on. How did you create the Newton Balls ? love the detail in them too. B)

BREtKQW.png

• 3 weeks later...

I'm embarrassed to say this is the first time I've gotten around to looking at your gallery.  Some pretty strong works here.  

I particularly like the "Industrial Strength" pic.  Very nice diamond plating on that one.  

I look forward to seeing the finished result on the Newton's Cradle.

Oh, and BTW: the creepy gas mask dude from Doctor Who?  Nice!

Edited by RedBeard

That completed work in progress is mighty impressive Daniels, some really neat details there, I love the planet hovering with the text and rays. Top class work sir. B)

BREtKQW.png

Thanks, Redbeard. And thanks for stopping by. Giving credit where credit is due, the diamond plate is a stock.

I suppose I would have known that had I read through the comments.  At any rate, the blending is well done and the overall composition leaves nothing to be desired.  

I'm not a Star Trek fanatic, but I did enjoy watching their older shows. When we first moved to the U.S., that's what we would watch. It was amazing, so it's a great, nostalgic image. I love what you did with it.

It feels like I'm inside the starship. The chair would be a great place to sit and take incoming information through the hologram. Gosh, I can't explain to you how much I love holographics. I only wish they would be used more. 

Edited by HELEN

sig-1.png
Don't spit into the well, you might drink from it later. -----Yiddish Proverb

Glossy Galaxy Ball---How to Make Foliage
My Gallery

PDN Fans--My DA

Redbeard: Thanks again.

Helen: Thank you much. I'm not a big Star Trek fan either, so coming up with good ideas was tough. Glad to know they worked.

I too wish holograms were in common use. I would totally trade in my flip phone for one :lol:

Good to see you have finished your WIP. The Newtons Cradle fits in there perfectly with the more futuristic pieces. Cool job on the chair. The whole image comes together very nicely.

You have to watch programmes like Star Trek just to keep your imagination alive (that's my excuse anyway). :smile:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...