Sign in to follow this  
skullbonz

We don't like..... cats!

EER, I was going to say cats are the sharks of terra firma.

We had a cat come live with us. He belonged a few door up at the hairdressers. He as white with purple, green, red, black, brown spots (kinda gave away where he lives).

One Sunday morning, the dog barked insistently, so I went to check out what was happening. The cat had swum out into dam & caught a full grown wild duck. Duck was handed to wildlife carers, & eventually made a full recovery. 

A few weeks later, dog alerted us to the cat's adventures again. It had a duckling this time. Attached to the duckling was a freshwater mussel that was nearly as big as the duckling. Hubby & I released the mussel & put duckling back.

Dog suitably rewarded on both occasions. 

We had a friend that used to visit with his bull terrier something cross, an ugly dog that lacked all manners. My dog, Sunni (Sunshine) was eating her bone. Friend was told to hold his dog back & I would give him one too. Of course, he knew better...Horrible dog attacked my sweet girl. Cat was sitting on the porch rail, just keeping guard as the dog often tried to have a go at him. Cat launched at horrible dog, was horizontal by the time he got to dog, (Matrix copied this style!) then with his very best Wolverine style, raked the horrible dog along the entire length of his ugly body, flicked around to give him a few more on the backside as the dog ran squealing like a pig. Cat then rubbed the top of his head under Sunni's chin. 

When I was young, I had a Siamese. I lived in a caravan (trailer) park. The cat used to take himself to people's vans & they would entertain him. I found him one Sunday morning in a caravan with some older folk who were having breakfast with him. He sat there (the cat) at their table where they were having bacon & eggs & there was a plate for him with all of it cut up! I could not leave him home alone or he would trash the van. A lady who was from the west side of Oz (her hubby got a contract over east) looked after him during the day. Her kids were getting bullied by some of the other park kids. One day the cat took to one of the bullies. He was left crying & bleeding. His mother thought he had got the scratches from hurting the cat & gave him a belting. I bet he hates cats now. The kids  were no bullied after this. The cat was a hero. He loved going for drives, would walk on a leash like he was royalty & eventually he went to live with the mailman who used to take a week to deliver mail in the far flung regions of Queensland's Outback. He was great company for him. When the cat was home he loved to sleep on the switchboard for the telephones which caused lost connections but the townsfolk loved him & forgave him. 

Red ochre - I like your joke too. 

Not all cats are bad or bad all the time :D

EDIT: Pdnnoob! Love it!!

Edited by barbieq25

I can't help it.  I've got to laugh.@ that video  :evillaugh:

If I'm honest I don't like how cats look right though you in that superior way.  And yep the freak me out.  If they evolve into this then my nightmare is complete

• Upvote 1

Welsh and PDNnoob, those videos are hilarious! I'm not a big fan of cats either... Welsh's video expressed my deepest fear...

(BTW, I wish we had commercials like that in the US  :evillaugh: )

I don't really like pets. They are cute and sweet but I don't want to clean their mess and feed them. And oh dogs are horrifying creatures. Not the small ones but the big ones

I left a gardening forum years ago because people thought a jokey response I made to keeping cats off a garden thread was in very bad taste - and most blanked me after that  :evillaugh:

Cute video, Pdnnoob. Not sure that I like the idea of the dog licking the baby's mouth but the dog sure loves the baby. :D

Keeping cats out of gardens is very important since cat faeces can hold very nasty bugs that can cause serious problems with pregnant women & a host of other nasties. The poor unsuspecting gardener could get a very unpleasant shock to say the least. If you want a cat or dog, fine but don't leave the mess in someone else's backyard (or front yard, for that matter.) 

Next door's cat torments my dogs & then they have the hide to complain that our dogs bark. They are the only neighbours who say that our dogs bark. The cat lies in the garden that I fenced off to keep the dogs from trampling it. See how perverse! So I got some old pine pallets & chopped it to 75cm stakes & put one every 15cm or so. Now he has nowhere to lie! 

I cannot believe that gardeners would get huffy about that, Welshy. I would think they would support that way of thinking. People can be very odd to say the least. :D

I cannot believe that gardeners would get huffy about that, Welshy. I would think they would support that way of thinking. People can be very odd to say the least. :D

... I don't think they realised that me saying, " put chicken wire about an inch under the soil and plug it into the mains" was tongue in cheek.   Citronella is a lot cheaper the price of electric ...

@ kemaru ... were you bitten by a dog in your early years ?

• Upvote 1

No, not bitten, but when I was very very young, my mom was standing in a queue or something and I was in a stroller, when two big dogs on both sides of the stroller jumped on the edges ( it was the cradle-with-wheels type) and started barking, which apparently left some trauma... That's what my mama always told me when I asked her why I was so scared of dogs.

Now babies are a another frightening kind entirely! Deceptfully cute awfully loud poop machines

Edited by Kemaru

... I don't think they realised that me saying, " put chicken wire about an inch under the soil and plug it into the mains" was tongue in cheek.   Citronella is a lot cheaper the price of electric ...

I thought it was funny...no hope for me either :D

I thought it was funny...no hope for me either :D

I think it's a great idea. We're all doomed :bertie:

• Upvote 1

I was bit by dogs and chased by them when I was little and I had a phobia of dogs for the longest time. When we bought Lassie, our collie three years ago, for some reason, the fear went away. Not completely, but it's not as bad as it used to be. 

I love bats too. Now that they have some dangerous virus, I never handle them any more. Plague proportions of the fruit bats thought to be responsible for the deadly Hendra virus that is killing horses & humans, has given bats a very bad name. 

Baseball? Not over here much. Mind you there are times when I'd like one of those bats. :D Oops, showing my naughty side :D

Skullbonz, you are naughty but I like you :D