We don't like..... cats!

skullbonz

Ego, I don't hate cats, I love my Teep-Teep (my black, medium-haired cat) and he's really intelligent. My girl cat is a complete imp, but even she can be cute at times. However, the fact that cats have so much pride and don't show as much love as dogs do (in my humble opinion, of course), makes me like them less. 

Cats are warmer than socks  (but harder to put your foot in) - but you always land on your feet!

Cats: - some are wonderful, many aren't, ... like people - too many of both!

(neuter the young males, [not worried about the cats!]). :lol::black:

I used to love cats & probably still do for their self-sufficiency & aloofness. The last cat I had was the most affectionate & selfless animal ever. Dogs are great too & we have 2 of them. However, I will never own another as I have found the perfect pet. They don't live long but they steal your heart. Like puppies, they chew things, like dogs, they are always happy to see you, like cats, they love to chase things, like dogs, they love to chase you, play ball & hide & seek, share your food, love being brushed, like cats, hate a bath. They never meow or bark their heads off, don't get fleas, cheap to feed & house, don't need microchipping or registration. They are awake early in the morning & again when you come home from work. The rest of the time they usually sleep. 

NZ seems to have the right idea. While I feel very sad that animals need to be put down, I am also angry at irresponsible people breeding animals for poor reasons such as so the kids can experience babies being born. Australia could take a leaf out of NZ's book. Cane toad bounty!

Husband doesn't quite fit the bill. Having a hard time with the "happy to see you" esp. after major shopping excursions to Bunnings, Spotlight & Howards Storage World. Alpacas miss the bill a fair bit but damn they are so cute!

No the second guess was correct. This is my sweet Cyd. th_Cyd31Jan2013.jpg

Pyro, my husband is allergic too but he just loves our little one. He just has to be very careful. I had guinea pigs. Found them to be more stand-offish than cats. They are far cleverer than any other pet. It's so sad that you are allergic. The males are so laid back but I have an issue with their scent. They like to just snuggle & loll about. Girls, like mine, are quite active. I've never managed to get her to sleep on my belly like the boy, while I read.

We have native ones here too. Geez, they make a mess & we XXX them too. Trapped a few & released into bushland the marsupial ones. 

Welshy, cats have the most terrifying weaponry - furry little killers most of them. If kittens are not handled by humans from birth, they go feral. Now that is really scary. In Australia 14 million small mammals are killed each night according one study that I saw on TV. They are as much as I do like cats - natural born killers, with some exceptions. 

I love all animals - especially when they are ickle babies  Cats are my favourite.

emoticon-animal-009.gif   

Oh - and windmills slaughter a lot of birds as well :unimpressed: .  And the French shoot and eat them indiscriminately - so please give the cats a break already

emoticon-object-012.gif

the ultimate catfish

... I must add here that I don't condone cruelty.  I'm not one of the anti-freeze brigade.   That's barbaric.

I just don't think it's fair that other peoples cats mess in my garden,  digging up young plants in the process.  Or ripping open bin bags I may forget to keep - or I can't leave doors and windows open without an unwanted visitor coming into the house.  If all that makes me a miserable old get ... then I wouldn't argue

@ Red Ochre ... the landing on the feet joke.  Hilarious  :evillaugh:

Archived