Trevor's Gallery - The Sandbox - Hard Surface Model Practice

TrevorOutlaw

<3 @TrevorOutlaw!

Very beautifully tinkered, you have succeeded really well.

Thank you for sharing your result! :cake: :coffee:

• Like 1

Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

Gandhi

mae3426x.png

Both are great @TrevorOutlaw!! <3  Love the apple aquarium. I'd take a dip in there any day.  :D

• Like 1

Haven't posted in a good while, but today as I was puttering around the net, came across a nifty pixel stretch speed art by Joe Cavazos at YouTube, I thought I would give it a shot and see if it was achievable in PDN.  Tl;dr version - it is possible.

Ballerina stock.

• Like 2

Oh, I really love that @TrevorOutlaw!! <3

The shades of cream and brown really compliment the image!

Wonderful job!  :rainbow:  :)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TrevorOutlaw said:

Haven't posted in a good while, but today as I was puttering around the net, came across a nifty pixel stretch speed art by Joe Cavazos at YouTube, I thought I would give it a shot and see if it was achievable in PDN.  Tl;dr version - it is possible.

Ballerina stock.

Where's the pixel stretch in that image?

By the way, you can do arbitrary pixel stretching with degradation/streak filter in gmic i.e at an angle or even blend between two points. The mask would be a single color.

Edited by Reptillian

G'MIC Filter Developer

6 hours ago, Reptillian said:

Where's the pixel stretch in that image?

Look behind the ballerina.  I did not use g'mic at all.  The only plug-in, after BoltBait's Alpha to Grey and Alpha Mask, used was Madjik's Polar Transformation plugin.

• Like 1

On 10/26/2019 at 12:47 PM, lynxster4 said:

Oh, I really love that @TrevorOutlaw!! <3

The shades of cream and brown really compliment the image!

Wonderful job!  :rainbow:  :)

On 10/27/2019 at 4:33 AM, welshblue said:

After looking at Joe Cavazo's work you've done a great job of emulating it. 

It's an interesting art style and you've done it justice.  Blends and flows nicely

On 10/27/2019 at 9:30 AM, Pixey said:

A very lovely image @TrevorOutlaw the colors are perfect :)

Thank you all!  Continuing with more pixel stretch style.  When I watched another Joe Cavazos' speed art, I wanted to see if I could create a "wraparound" and it is possible using Madjik's Sine Wave distortion plugin and Pyrochild's Grid Wrap plugin.

Stock used: dancer and dove.

Edited by TrevorOutlaw
  • Like 3

Another lovely dancer @TrevorOutlaw!  <3  The blues and browns go together so well!  :star:

• Like 1

11 hours ago, lynxster4 said:

Another lovely dancer @TrevorOutlaw!  <3  The blues and browns go together so well!  :star:

The blues and browns actually came straight from the photograph I used.  I think that is one of the biggest advantages of doing pixel stretch.

6 hours ago, welshblue said:

I must admit I really like this style you're doing right now.  Very pleasing on the eyes.

In fact, I think your whole photo manip' style has moved up a few gears lately

That really means a lot to me.

Just added a 3rd pixel stretch style and combined a technique from dispersion effect.

• Like 2

Missed the last one you posted @TrevorOutlaw.  Both are great! <3

The dispersion effect adds a little extra 'something'.

My first impression of the man in blue was he's the decoration on top of a circus tent. Love the shades of blue.

The dancing couple look so focused they look like they're going to melt right into the picture.  Great job!  :)  :star:

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, welshblue said:

Not a critique as such, but how does it look if you continue the 'line' under the man?   Now I'm (and my wife) are drawn to the bloke's crotch a bit before taking it all in

😂

Thanks for the laugh, and fair point.

On 11/22/2019 at 7:48 AM, lynxster4 said:

The dispersion effect adds a little extra 'something'.

My first impression of the man in blue was he's the decoration on top of a circus tent. Love the shades of blue.

The dancing couple look so focused they look like they're going to melt right into the picture.  Great job!

Thanks!

----------------

Thought I'd go into a different direction and try something I once saw on DeviantArt.  Side note: I really do not like the update to dA's website as it makes it hard to find what I'm looking for.  Stock used: Couples for MaskingWoman, and Man.

• Like 1

@TrevorOutlaw  Awwww...their separate journeys in life have brought them together.  <3

That's what I see.  How romantic.  Another great piece!  :star:

1 hour ago, welshblue said:

Now I'm (and my wife) are drawn to the bloke's crotch a bit before taking it all in

Head out of the gutter, please....🤣

• Like 1

I went to the first page, and about the earlier comment. Now I can see the pixel stretch. I didn't see anything other than the link to the stock image if I don't look at the first page. I love the pixel stretch series.

G'MIC Filter Developer

On 11/23/2019 at 11:54 AM, lynxster4 said:

Awwww...their separate journeys in life have brought them together.  <3

That's what I see.  How romantic.  Another great piece!

You got it, and thank you for the compliment.

On 11/23/2019 at 12:46 PM, Reptillian said:

I went to the first page, and about the earlier comment. Now I can see the pixel stretch. I didn't see anything other than the link to the stock image if I don't look at the first page. I love the pixel stretch series.

Sorry that I wasn't clear.  It's a habit of mine to put all the work on the first page, and then link to the stock photo out of respect for the photographer(s) who took those photographs in another comment.  Thanks, I am enjoying the pixel stretch series.

-----------------------

Taking a brief break from the pixel stretch series and went back to pulling off the dispersion effect.  During the course of working on the dispersion effect, I think I have discovered a way to knock out a couple of steps in the dispersion effect tutorial.

Stock used.

• Like 1

Loving your three new works posted since the fabulous one's you did with the Pixel Stretching.  The dispersion effect is really eye-catching and those two dancers are so beautiful.  You have certainly found your niche in this genre @TrevorOutlaw 😍

• Like 1

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

@TrevorOutlaw   She looks like she knows what she wants and in a hurry to get it!

I agree with @Pixey.  Pixel Stretching and Dispersion Effect images you have down pat.  😉

• Like 1

@Vagabondi has inspired me to do another double exposure (which took me all afternoon because I was struggling with the technique) after a conversation in her gallery, so thank you for the idea.  Stocks used: Man, City Street, and Birds.

On 11/24/2019 at 6:21 PM, Maggie said:

you have such a wonderful sense of movement and vitality to your work. It's really pleasing.

Thank you, Maggie.

On 11/25/2019 at 7:00 AM, welshblue said:

Love that new dispersion effect image ... the model and her pose lend themselves perfectly to the effect

Thanks, man.

On 11/25/2019 at 8:38 AM, Pixey said:

Loving your three new works posted since the fabulous one's you did with the Pixel Stretching.  The dispersion effect is really eye-catching and those two dancers are so beautiful.  You have certainly found your niche in this genre

Thank you!

21 hours ago, lynxster4 said:

She looks like she knows what she wants and in a hurry to get it!

I agree with @Pixey.  Pixel Stretching and Dispersion Effect images you have down pat.

Thank you!

Edited by TrevorOutlaw
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1