Trevor's Gallery - The Sandbox - Hard Surface Model Practice

TrevorOutlaw

Well, I'm not sure what everyone's skill or knowledge of Blender, so I may have to break it down into two parts, one to introduce user to Blender and then creating the abstract piece, and the second part to create the artwork in PDN.

I'm on spring break starting Friday, so after I get off work, and doing some chores around the house, I think I'll have a sit down and try to knock up the tutorial.

• Upvote 1

Very nice texture, Trevor. It kinda looks like an old tin ceiling. Nice work!

That's an interesting concept.  I haven't thought about it that way, but at first blush, it does, but I think it is just interesting because the patterns looks so different.

@Helen, thanks! The lights is actually the result of blending modes.

Tutorial is coming up... along with an interesting pattern I just added to the 1st page.

Edit: The Making of "Stumbled Upon."

Edited by TrevorOutlaw

Hi  welcome to the forum.  wt7suwk6.gif Very nice wallpaper. Thank you.

Edited by Seerose

Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

Gandhi

mae3426x.png

There is not much point leaving this thread open without the images it was founded on. Shame really.

<locked>

• 2 weeks later...

Nice. I love your Blender/PDN work. I would never have thought of combining the two programs to make images like this.

I started up Blender just now to have a play around and you know what? It`s been so long since I last used it I have completely forgotten how to use it! Back to the beginner tuts for me.  :roll:

Please feel free to visit my Gallery on PDNFans

And my Alternatives to PDN

Lovely gallery in general sir.

I especially enjoy your PDN hybrid images. All very crisp and clean looking. Great sense of depth creation. Almost feels like I'm wearing 3D glasses. Nice color usage as well and the variety of shapes and design from one image to the next is equally pleasant.

Keep up the good work my friend

B)

Edited by Spectre
  • Upvote 1

SigSpec2.png

Trevor, you have grown so much since you first started with PDN. Wonderful work. I love the reflections on the cresecent moon shape & the texture. Of course I do love the colour :P

Well done!!

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

Loving your work, any pointers on how i could go about creating models like that in blender?

Without knowing your skill, I would point you to this tutorial I came across a long time ago, and only recently found it.  As a matter of fact, the deviant who wrote the tutorial has a series of Blender tutorials that would guide you through the overwhelming interface.  I would also recommend paying http://www.blenderguru.com a visit.  A wealth of user friendly tutorials for you to comb through.  I also like Andrew (the founder of Blender Guru) because he was more than willing to go to the trouble of adding text tutorials for some of his recent tutorials, and I have had conservation with him personally.  He is very friendly and helpful.

To all who have visited and commented, I thank you.  I would thank you each personally, but I wouldn't have time to make art!  Thanks again.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Trev. Sorry I`m a bit late replying.

I have to give the dA guy a look in, he seems to have quite a few good tuts. I regularly visit Blenderguru - have it bookmarked. I did several of his tutorials before I stopped using Blender for a while. Some of it is in my Alternatives to PDN on Fans.  Don`t know if you have already but try listening to his podcasts. I find them interesting . Funnily enough I like to listen to them while working in PDN. :P

Edited by Goonfella

Please feel free to visit my Gallery on PDNFans

And my Alternatives to PDN

Thanks Trev. Sorry I`m a bit late replying.

I have to give the dA guy a look in, he seems to have quite a few good tuts. I regularly visit Blenderguru - have it bookmarked. I did several of his tutorials before I stopped using Blender for a while. Some of it is in my Alternatives to PDN on Fans.  Don`t know if you have already but try listening to his podcasts. I find them interesting . Funnily enough I like to listen to them while working in PDN. :P

The only problem with listening to podcasts is I am deaf.

• 1 month later...