wiring diagram

TUNEMAN

i am a automotive technician and would like to learn how i can make a wiring diagram on paint.net. More specifically I would like to have images that I can pick and choose from to put onto a drawing ie.. headlight,bulbs,sensors,switches,relays,starter motor,wiper motor etc... they all need to be sized uniformally . also will need to be able to move these images around the drawing for proper placement and then I can draw specific colored lines representing wiring to each of these images. would these be considered images? templates?icons? symbols? thank you

Hello Tuneman, welcome to the forum.

I think the best way is probably to find a free electronic symbols font and install it.

You can then use the text tool to position your symbols then connect them with the line tool.

Remember that once text (or the symbol) is committed to the layer it cannot then be easily edited, so best to keep them on seperate layers.

I did a quick google search and found this one http://www.fontspace.com/category/electrical - vac tube symbols - halfway down the page. I haven't tried this myself so cannot vouch for the safety - always virus scan everything!

Hope this helps

You could of course create your own electronic symbols and save them as small .png files - then import them as new layers each time they are needed. Or a combination of the two methods.

If using a symbol font you may find this plugin useful too

http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?showtopic=10684 - it shows what characters are mapped to which key.

Red ochre Plugin pack.............. Diabolical Drawings ................Real Paintings

PdnForumSig2.jpg

You can cut out the symbols as I saved it in PNG. It might be easier to have the wires color coded on a list and make the corresponding wire the same color in the diagrams.

diagramr.png

RFX5A1.jpg