error 1603?

I have had paint.net for my old computer now when i try it gives me "error 1603". I'm really upset because this is one of the best computer painting tools, please tell me whats going on because when i go to the web ( http://www.dotpdn.com/downloads/pdn.html) although i can get the paint.net down-loader every time i try to download paint.net it doesn't work, even if i stop my fire wall it does nothing I'm really upset please if anyone reads this please tell me how to download it bypassing "error 1603"

I'm really upset, i have everything needed, windows 7, great internet reception yet it keeps failing every time i try it gives error 1603 :disc::scanner:

I've never gotten a 1603 error code but according to Microsoft, it has to do with an .msi installer file issue due to one of the following conditions:

1) The folder that you are trying to install the Windows Installer package to is encrypted.

2) The drive that contains the folder that you are trying to install the Windows Installer package to is accessed as a substitute drive.

3) The SYSTEM account does not have Full Control permissions on the folder that you are trying to install the Windows Installer package to. You notice the error message because the Windows Installer service uses the SYSTEM account to install software.

...and the solutions to it are:

1) Install the package to a folder that is not encrypted.

2) Install the package to a drive that is not accessed as a substitute drive.

3) Grant Full Control permissions to the SYSTEM account. (for Windows 2000 and Windows XP only)

If this isn't helpful, try searching through Google for your computer model and any relevant issues. Odds are you'll find the soultion there. :D

RFX5A1.jpg

Perhaps reading this thread may be of help to you here

Also Go to Control Panel, then Add/Remove Programs, then find the .NET Framework and click Repair.

Edited by nanettealsop

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

Perhaps reading this thread may be of help to you here

This. Item number 10 is ths one you want in that thread. That usually fixes the 1603 error.