Paint.NET Forum Awards Show 2012

BoltBait

And you're also 14 - so honestly, don't worry. I'm 14 myself, and also painfully unfunny, but do I care? Nope, because there's a whole lifetime to learn comedy in. (That doesn't stop me from being a misanthrope and pessimist, but that's another matter.)

Anyway, congratulations to everybody who's won an award! I had neither the time nor the presence of mind to vote this year, sadly, but it's lovely to see that you all continue to be a cohesive and friendly community.

I'm seriously funny in real life - ask anyone I know. (Aside from the people that hate me.  Don't ask them.)

Anyways, yeah, congratulations to all of the winners.  

Still the forum so warm and friendly, really well deserved winners, of course I mean the positive awards,

I haven't voted for the negative awards this year, I just left them empty, I am not trying here to pull myself from troubles :), but I promised past year that I wouldn't do it this year, so I feel now I am not guilty :mrgreen:

Thanks so much BoltBait for taking the time and putting this excellent work, you sir are awesome, and also a big thanks to Rick for PDN the reason that we are all here, and all lovely admins and mods and plugins creators.

And also I like to thank everyone who nominated me for both, the positive and the negative awards equally, that means my name was still active past year, too.

BTW I have won the TV Show (Surprised and thanks) and the OMGWTFLOLBBQ, I am really not sure what the latter one stand for, but I think it is one of the negative ones, funny to say that I voted for myself on this one :lol:

Congratulations all winners again.

Fainaly, as I think, please correct me if I am wrong, it is fair to say that nanettealsop, Pixey and nanette are the same person?

I'm seriously funny in real life - ask anyone I know. (Aside from the people that hate me. Don't ask them.)

Anyways, yeah, congratulations to all of the winners.

Well, nothing says you can't be a completely different person on the internet. Honestly, I talk so little that you forumers probably know more about me than most people I've met in real life, even if all you know is that I use paint.net. Yeah. For serious.

Anyhow, on behalf of the forum, I'd like to make an apology to jim. While I understand the whole awards system is meant to be entertaining and lighthearted, I also realize that being voted by a majority into an award with potential negative implications can be rather demeaning. We don't mean to be offensive in any way, and I hope that, in time, you'll forgive us. We're honestly glad to have you with us!

I couldn't have said it better, pdnnoob. These awards are only meant to be for fun and light-hearted. I hope Jim will stay. I'd love to see more of his photo manipulations. 

@Sargon: Yes, Pixey's the same person.

nanettealsop, Pixey and nanette are the same person?

Yes. I wasn't aware when I tallied the votes. But nanettealsop let me know and I verified that combining the votes didn't actually change the outcome of any category.

Wew!! I am so glad my name didn't show up here,lol,but still congrats to all.  

I'm proud to carry my title, it maybe all be in fun, but it's still a nice recognition from members on here, it shows you have made some sort of impact. There are not many communities on the interwebs that I would be made to feel more welcome. :)

So Welsh did you end up taking macramé?

Not yet.  Too busy playing with your floor tutorial  ...

That`s something I do know - we are certainly NOT the best footy team. sSa_cry4.gif

Congratulations on winning four awards by the way. Thoroughly deserved.  sHa_thumb2.gif

@ least your lot are still in the Champions League ...

And thanks.

No pressure to live up to with all that lot ...  :ZoomTool:

So Welsh did you end up taking macramé?

I'd forgotten about that. 

My vote went to him:

The Kings/Queens of Paint.NET (vote for up to 4)
1:         Yellowman
2:         Helen
3:         Dug
4:         Welshblue

Likewise NN, AJGM, Sasha, Goonie, Welshy, Helen, Kemaru, Dug, you all got votes from me that others agreed with. 

I also gave Red ochre his own TV show, & Drydareelin an exhibition at the Louvre. 

There are so many lovely people & wonderful works happening here. Keep up the good works!

• 3 weeks later...

I'm proud to carry my title, it maybe all be in fun, but it's still a nice recognition from members on here, it shows you have made some sort of impact. There are not many communities on the interwebs that I would be made to feel more welcome.  :)

Jim didn't feel that way,lol

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all! Thought I'd just pop my head up and give a big congratulations to all the winners of this year's awards :)
It's great to see this little community still ticking along when I check in every now and again, with a mix of old and new people around.

I wonder if this year will be the year of Paint.NET 4.0 ;)

Archived