Combining two drawings or photos.

Please don't make me read through all those FAQ's.

I've beat my head against a wall trying to put the mirror on top the Urinal in one JPEG.

I tried making layers. Didn't seem to recognize my efforts.

I saved both, but cannot get them both in the same canvass.

I'm sitting here waiting for an answer.

Will the system email me if somebody answers?
Dick

post-91097-0-59755400-1357534244_thumb.j

post-91097-0-69386800-1357534277_thumb.j

Hi thudpucker and Welcome to PDN.  Is this the result you are looking for?

7sDVO.png

If so, I will assume you know how to use the basic functions of PDN.

1. In Layers, import the ceramic loo.  Use Effects, Align object to center of page.  With magic wand select the grey around the loo and then press delete to remove the grey colour.

2. In Layers, import the mirror (it will go into a new layer automatically) and align this too to center.  Also, with magic wand select the white around the mirror and delete.

3. On both of the pictures use AA Assistant to clean the lines up and some Feather as well.

4.  With the Move Tool you can then align the two pictures, in the two layers, until you like their position.

5.  Lastly go to Image & Flatten.

6. Go to Save As and save as a png or JPEG.  The background will be transparent, but you could always add the grey again if you wanted ..... before you flatten.

Good Luck.

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

Ohhhhhhhhh I'm an idiot

I can delete that file ... I was trying to put the mirror on as in IN the urinal.   :noes:

Blush - it must be the jet lag ... I'm such a noob :tard3:  Although I did wonder why the text was so blurry.  So .......... it also could be done as thus:

th_2loo.png                            

Follow up to step #4  then use the rectangle select tool :RectangleSelectTool: on the urinal and shrink it to fit over the mirror.

Flatten the layers and save.

30b8T8B.gif

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

My wife is here helping me keep the instructions straight.

Sill it don't work

My head is aching and eyes are strained.

Nanette got it right.

If one person can do it...why cannot another do it.

I get the Loo and it's in the middle of a black bacground. I tried to get rid of the background, wound up with a Checkerboard on the right side of the Loo.

When I tried to make the canvas 800PX high the Loo wound up on the middle of the canvass and the mirror was way up the page somewhere.

My head hurts. I'm going to lay down now.

OK - let's try this again.  You may want to do a few of the 'simple tutorials' sometime to find your way around using PDN.

1. File - Open - make it 800 x 600
  2. Layers - import from file - pick the mirror
  3. Effects - Align Object - center
  4. Layers - import from file - pick the loo (it will appear in a new layer and will be on the left
  5. Control D - to deselect
  6. Magic wand :MagicWandTool:  and lower the tolerance (top bar) to  around 40
  7. Hit delete
  8. Effect - AA Assistant at default & then repeat once more
  9. With the Rectangle Select tool :RectangleSelectTool:  make a box (dotted lines) around the loo and then go to Move Selected Pixels :MoveSelectionTool:   Hold down the Shift key and nudge the corners (nubs) of the loo until it's smaller.  Still with the Move Selected Pixels tool drag the loo into the bottom of the mirror area.  Adjust accordingly with the size.  The mirror and the loo will still be in separate layers, but will look like it's one.
  10.  Control D to deselect the loo
  11. Go to Image - Flatten
  12. With Rectangle Select tool :RectangleSelectTool:  make a box around the frame and then go to -Image - Crop selection ..... then there will be no more white left around the image.

7aCLI.png

Go to File - Save as and choose jpeg if you want.  If using the image again in PDN you can save it to png, but if it's for another forum or for printing purposes, you may want to stick with jpeg.

Hope it works for you this time :)

Edited by nanettealsop

30b8T8B.gif

• 1 month later...