Making selection some px smaller/bigger

Hello,

sorry my vocabulary is not so good in such special things.

I changed from Photoshop Elements to Paint.NET and love it.

There is one thing I would like to do, but I cannot find a solution.

E.g. I select a red area in a photo with the magic wand tool. Then I want to reduce it exactly by 2 pixel around and fill the selected area then with lets say blue. After that the formally complete red area is now blue with a 2 pixel red border around it.

Another thing is I open a new plain picture, do a circle selection with the tool Ellipse Select, fill it red. Then I want to reduce the selection by e.g. 10 Pixel around and fill the rest with another color.

I it possible to do do such a reducing or expanding of a selection by pixel?

There isn't a direct way to do this, but there are workarounds for both of the things you are trying to do.

1. Get BoltBait's "outline selection" plugin

2. Using the first example to help explain, select your red area and change it to blue

3. Use the outline selection plugin to make a red outline around the selected area

Basically, instead of making an outline by putting a smaller object on a larger object, just make an outline by making an outline.

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo