Trying to save just the Turkey.

Here's Aristotle.

I want ed to cut him out of the photo, and insert him at the feet of my grandson.

I managed to get a line all around him using the 1/0 tool.

But now to cut out and save the Turkey so I can paste him into another photo.

How do do that?

Patiently awaiting.....post-91097-0-15968300-1355851490_thumb.j

Guys, so mean! I was gonna say, nice looking turkey. They are beautiful animals.

http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/19810-how-to-remove-the-background-in-an-image/?hl=%2Bremoving+%2Bbackground#entry333919

or

http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/12196-making-backgrounds-of-images-transparent/page-1

Because there is a very busy background you will need to spend a fair amount of time with the image zoomed right in & possibly taking out only one or two pixels at a time. I highly recommend increasing the image size x4 so that you can use either Gaussian Blur, or Feather flollwed with AAssistant.

Once you have done that, save the image as a .PNG because it supports transparency (with others you will get a white background despite all the rubbing out you did). Put the image of your grandson on a separate layer so that you can position the turkey without affecting the rest of the image.

Best advice is to always work on as many layers as possible & save a .PDN file as well as a .PNG or .JPG That way you can more easily make changes without too much drama.

Hope you will post your completed image.

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

No offence barbieq25, but the first link you have provided is no different to the one I posted. In fact Ego Eram Reputo locked that first link for being too similar to Simon Brown's method (and for having images too large) Plus Simon Brown's method also explains softening the outline (Step #6) once the image has been cut out.

I'm not trying to put your advice down,  It's just that your advice is exactly the same as the link I provided to the OP, but it does give me the impression that my help is non valid! (or that's how I see it)  :(

BREtKQW.png

No offence barbieq25, but the first link you have provided is no different to the one I posted. In fact Ego Eram Reputo locked that first link for being too similar to Simon Brown's method (and for having images too large) Plus Simon Brown's method also explains softening the outline (Step #6) once the image has been cut out.

I'm not trying to put your advice down,  It's just that your advice is exactly the same as the link I provided to the OP, but it does give me the impression that my help is non valid! (or that's how I see it)   :(

DrewDale, I'd never want anyone to think that their advice is not valued. I did this early this morning & I should have been working & not slacking off. I did not know that they were the same since I could not get the link to work from my work ISP.

I'm so glad you pointed out the difference too, since it made it easier to sort out what went wrong. 

Please accept my sincere apologies.  :sad:  :sad:  :sad:

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012