Printing problem.

Hi, I am a new user to Paint.net and have a problem I do not know how to solve or ware to look on the forum or tutorials.

I have managed to great a canvas size for A4 paper and managed to put 4 different photos spaced roughly equally around the page. The problem comes when printing, when the page is printed I get a 1cm margin down the left side of the paper every time even though the preview print does not show this 1cm margin.

Would someone please direct me to the correct tutorial please.

Thank you for the help.

John.

In the moment the best what you can do is to save the image as PDF using the ImPDF plugin and print this one from an PDF viewer (i.e. Acrobat Reader).

The typical reason for your problem is that the printer has a non-printable border area and the windows printing dialog is not able to handle this case.

midoras signature.gif

The typical reason for your problem is that the printer has a non-printable border area and the windows printing dialog is not able to handle this case.

This is the problem. The only way to solve it is to get a printer that can print all the way to the edge or get a printer that can print on something larger than A4 and trim the paper down when you are done

Nothing you do from your computer can change the limits of your printer

Edited by pdnnoob

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

For sure you are not able to print in the non-printable border areas.

But a well working printing function is able to compensate the border shift.

If you are defining an A4 image in Paint.NET then you must be able to get all objects on all printers at the same page position.

They only difference would be how much is cutted at the borders.

But this is a typical layout questions and most users of an image editor don't care about this issue.

midoras signature.gif