Sasha - The Gallery - *NEW 08 / 10 / 2015*

sashwilko

Thanks for the recent comments here :)

New image added to the top of page one

Happy 2013 to one and all :)

swIFX9v.png

Thank you jim100361 - no matter how hard I tried, that little dent would not go away (it occurred after I ran the metalize effect) I did try to AA it, with no luck.

I guess it could be a "damaged in transit" clock :lol: 

swIFX9v.png

Sasha, Happy New Year to you, too. I really like the clock. I noticed that you added shadows in the clock but there's none underneath the hands of the clock. Personally, I like it, but thought I might point it out. Great job on the wooden texture and the neat design of the clock!

sig-1.png
Don't spit into the well, you might drink from it later. -----Yiddish Proverb

Glossy Galaxy Ball---How to Make Foliage
My Gallery

PDN Fans--My DA

Thank you Helen. I hope you have a great year :)

I did originally add some shadow on the hands of the clock during the work in progress stage, but it didn't really look right, it looked (to me anyway) fake, so I didn't use it in the end, I could have worked a little more on the detailing on the clock face, but I was running out of ideas when I got to layer #24 :lol:

Thanks for your pointers Helen. I welcome and learn from them :)

swIFX9v.png

Liking the clock you have made Sasha, very good metal and wood effect, it looks like you have put a lot of work into that, well made :)

BREtKQW.png

Liking the clock you have made Sasha, very good metal and wood effect, it looks like you have put a lot of work into that, well made :)

I so agree.

If the dent bugs you then the clone stamp would work here. I have a hard time with it but you might have more luck than me. Take a peek here: http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/19117-the-subterranean-copypaste-blues/?hl=%2Bsubterranean+%2Bblues

Sadly Sarkut has been missing from here for some time. 

In any case, the dent does not detract at all. :D

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

Thank you DrewDale and Red ochre, I am getting the hang of things more now and trying to create my own things :)

Barbieq25 thank you for that link, it looks like a useful read (I can't see any pictures on there to help) :) I don't mind the dent in the metal though, it makes it more real :D

swIFX9v.png

Now that is sad news about the images in the tute. If anyone would like a copy in Word, please PM me & I will attach the file to an email.

Can we no longer attach files??

THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012

Yes I like the clock as well . A very crisp and clean design nicely done. Drydareelin is right about the shadows on the hands. Adding them would add a bit of depth and lift them clear of the face more. Also while on the subject of shadows have you thought about putting the clock on some sort of surface and adding a reflection/shadow to it?

I notice the hands are at 10 to 2. Did you know that why shops display them at that time? Apparently it is because it makes the clock look as if it is smiling and attracts people better, rather than having a clock set at 20 to 4 which would make it look miserable. Smiley clocks sell better. Funny how the mind works.

I thought you did a grand job with the jigsaw as well. At first I thought you had just taken a photo of one you were making at the time. Well done .

A great gallery you have there Sasha.    sHa_thumb2.gif

Please feel free to visit my Gallery on PDNFans

And my Alternatives to PDN

Thank you Drydareelin, I tried adding shadow to the hands, but I couldn't get it to look right, so I left it flat. 

Thank you Goonfella. I wanted to place the clock on some kind of wallpaper type back drop as if it was hung up, but I didn't know how to make a canvas style texture.(or how to give it realistic shadow - apart from drop shadow)  I didn't know that about the 10 to 2 on clocks  :) I noticed them in stores like that, so I just copied the idea, it makes sense now that I think of it.  The jig saw I am proud of, it took me a long time to get it right and I learned a lot in doing that one :)

I'm glad you like my gallery, I do plan to update as often as I create, I hope I can only improve :)

Hi Sasha,

I think that clock is brilliant!

Amazing progress, I look forward to seeing more.

Thank you Red Ochre, happy you like what I'm doing here :)

swIFX9v.png

I tried to follow Helen's glass ball tutorial, but got lost doing it sadly. Also if I didn't have the wooden texture, what could I place there instead? any ideas would be of great help :)

swIFX9v.png

I really love the Grunge result you got, even though you say you got lost :)  And.... the clock is really well done.  So clear and no jaggies at all.  I agree with Welshy about leaving it plain metal, although the result you achieved is great as well.  Sometimes it's difficult to make these decissions at the end of the day :cyclops: .

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

I. Am. JEALOUS! They're amazing. <3  <3 <3  <3  <3  <3  <3  <3  <3  <3  <3  <3  <3  <3  <3  <3  <3   <3  <3  <3  <3  <3  <3  <3  <3  <3  <3  <3  <3  <3  <3   <3  <3  <3  <3  <3  <3  <3  <3  <3  <3  <3  <3  <3  <3   <3  <3  <3  <3  <3  <3  <3  <3  <3  <3  <3  <3  <3  <3   <3  <3  <3  <3  <3  <3  <3  <3  <3  <3  <3  <3  <3

b4KQN.png

I have added a remade version of my clock creation with some slight changes. :)

Added some shadow to the hands, changed the middle of the clock (the part that has the hands on) to metal, removed the wood backing and bevelled the glass slightly.

Thank you for the recent comments and pointers :)

swIFX9v.png

I like the new version a lot more. The original was good but the simplistic style of the new one really has that special appeal for me. Well done Sasha!

THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012