How to Resize an Image to an Exact Size?

I want to produce images that are exactly 4" x 6" to use as masters to make 4" x 6" borderless photo prints. I use Resize > Canvas Size > Absolute Size > 4.00 width > 6.00 height. When I save a print the resulting images are not exactly 4" X 6" so they do not produce useful borderless photos. Different photos have produced different size images using those same settings. The only way I have been able to learn that they are not the exact size that I need is to print and measure them.

Is it realistic to expect Paint.net to produce images that are exactly 4" x 6"?

Is there a better way than printing and measuring them to determine that the images are the desired size?

You should read this: DPI and YOU.

The problem is that Paint.NET works with pixels and ignores the DPI setting except where it gives an approximation of the print size.

Better you should multiply your finished image dimensions (6" x 4") by the desired print resolution (say 300DPI) giving a canvas size of 1800x1200 pixels. Make your image this size.

After going through "DPA and You" I have to say that it was one of the best, most well-written tutorials that I have ever seen on any topic. It is very, helpful. I cannot help but wonder if there is anything nearly as good as that on the topic of "Removing the background from a picture?" I only know how to use the Eraser tool to remove backgrounds. I have a feeling that there may be a way to do that with layers, but I really not know how to go about that.

After going through "DPA and You" I have to say that it was one of the best, most well-written tutorials that I have ever seen on any topic. It is very, helpful...

We are very proud of 'our' David for that little effort. Feel free to give him a reputation boost by clicking on the green arrow on the right hand side of the tutorial post.

It's down the bottom of the tutorial post.  Just above David's signature.  To the right of the final reference:

^^* Not even close.

yhsjjie-91.png