If there exists Paint.NET for Metro Apps on Windows 8, would you use it?

The recent video blog entry showed up a background image I'd recognized from Windows 8 while demonstrating the use of the new Paint Bucket tool, and that got me wondering, if there exists a port of Paint.NET for Windows 8 Metro, would you use it?

I know the devs will immediately respond, "No, we will not develop for Metro.", but I liked to discuss the impossibility.

The only real benefit at this time would be support for Surface RT, which cannot run desktop applications other than Office 2013.

It might happen someday but I have no idea when. It's not on my radar at this moment because it would be cost-prohibitive to port Paint.NET over to being a full-fledged Windows Store app, and I'm still finishing 4.0 anyway.

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

My question: What do you expect to gain from it?

I do not expect to gain much other than a new market, as I was embracing the fact the devs of Paint.NET do not plan to work on this, as henceforth. Sorry to be frank. The pen input for Surface Pro seems like an awesome path to take, for a very novice person to think of. I do want to see if Paint.NET is available in Windows Store, as it seems Microsoft is moving/geared towards having a consolidated market place for applications, like how Apple and Google does it with their AppStore and Google Play, respectively.

Edited by delete12345