Windows 8 error 110

stefangranholm

2 computers, upgraded from windows 7 to windows 8 pro

danish windows 8 pro

prev. installed paint.net

Buth encrypted

BOTH get error 110

There was an error installing paint.net (110)

Systemet kan ikke åbne den angivne enhed eller fil.

Whats wrong ?

Tried deleting folders all places

Run tuneup and ccleaner...

Nothing helps !

I found this information in regards to Error 110:

System error code 110 is typically displayed as "ERROR_OPEN_FAILED" and/or as the hexidecimal value 0x6E. The message associated with this error code is "The system cannot open the device or file specified.".

Common Causes of System Error Code 110

System Error Code 110 is commonly caused by:

• Windows Registry Damage or Corruption
  • Device Driver Conflicts
  • Hardware Malfunction
  • Virus or Spyware Infection
  • Software File Damage or Corruption

I would suggest trying to tackle 2 of these issues first.

The first is to re-download the installation file and try installing again. If the problem persists, try scanning your computer to see if in fact there may be some sort of virus of spyware running on your computer.

Another thing you can try is to restart your computer in safe mode and try installing.

If you are still unable to install it, tackling the other issues will probably be more challenging to sort out. In the case of "Hardware Malfunction", you may wish to make sure your drivers are up to date and/or see if your Windows 8 installation CD has a repair utility that you can run to ensure that its installation did not falter somehow when you ran it.

Hi... nu virus, not work in safemode, gets another error in safemode.

Ive using many programs, and no errors... only paint.net. MY guess, something in paint.net installing process not working good, since its on 2 well kept laptops.

Redownloaded from 3 other places, not working...

Maybee a portable paint.net would work...

the error in safemode

error 1601

Der kunne ikke opnås adgang til tjenesten Windows Installer. Dette kan ske, hvis Windows Installer er installeret forkert. Kontakt din supportafdeling for at få hjælp.

There is only 1 safe place to download PDN. Try downloading from the getpaint website.

Other sites are notorious for installing malware, which in-turn may be causing your problem.

Also, I didn't say run your antivirus in safe mode, I recommended installing in safe mode.

Tried COPYING folder from programs, and add em on my machine.

From a vista machine 32bit..

When running then it say it need the underneath line, but it is there at wont install. It tells a never version IS installed..

Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Packag

FINALY fixed it....

The Temp folder / local folder was incrypted,,, however its the ONLY program EVER that has made troubles :o)

Thanks for the helt :o)