Image Battles

OddLlama

Scooter - I liked the abstract of your image, the blur also makes things look like they are moving. The simple colors were a good choice, but a gradient of colors might have added to the feel of the picture. For your image, even though it's very small, my favorite part is the fishy! Love for the fishy! 4 stars :star:  :star:  :star:  :star:! :D

DrewDale - I Loved how your tiles were shiny and reflective, and your colorful vivid object is cool.

Now although I have seen better pieces of art that use shiny, reflective, vivid colors, I still can't deny that those three aspects are wonderful, and they are even more wonderful when used together, so you get 5 stars from me :star: :star: :star: :star: :star:.

New Score :

Scooter - 8 :star:

DrewDale - 10 :star:

Scooter: I really do like fractals. Infinity in a defined area? Cool! I like the motion blur on the Julia fractal you used there, it created a sense of motion and since fractals are infinite, (maybe I'm going too deep here) it seems to me as if the image is moving toward infinity. The fish is very nice, but I felt as if the 'water' that held it was a bit rushed perhaps? 4 stars from me, an overall good job Scooter! :):star: :star: :star: :star:

DrewDale: I really like the contrast used between the background and the 'plasmatic chilli'. The Glass Tile effect has been used well and the difference between light and dark is faded into well. The 'chilli' is nicely done (How'd you do that?) and again, it's a really good contrast. For that reason, 5 stars (sorry Scooter!) :star: :star: :star: :star: :star:

Scooter: :star: x 12

DrewDale: :star: x 15

DrewDale is the winner!

Good job to both of you!

Now, as for my entry, because it must be done,

Here is Volts:

volts.png

Edited by MikeRobe

signature.png

:cookie-chocolate: I baked another one...

First a quick:   Thank You  for the valued input for my effort. I shall take it to heart and see what I can do to incorporate and improve. yo_zps642db12e.gif

On to todays entrys :

MikeRobe; What a intense showing,  is it metal folds seen close up? light ed cables flailing about?   Micro magnetic particles shifting around? regardless very creative and well executed. My least favorite is the right hand circular object as it is more sharply defined than the others, giving a slight feel (to me) of not belonging with the others.  OK OK I like it    :star: :star: :star: :star: :star:

Cc4FuzzyHuggles: I am in awe of how you melded the colors into a soft flow. The verticals give a strength to the picture keeping the "too fuzzys" at bay.   Visually the flower adds a nice touch of soft curves with hints of color keeping it "in" the picture. The center, I feel, is too bright almost like a halogen head light and works against the  rest to the picture. 

So much I like about this  :star: :star: :star: :star:

MikeRobe               :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: 5

Cc4FuzzyHuggles  :star: :star: :star: :star:    4

Scooter

Age is only  a number --in my case a Really BIG number, but there you have it

When the prefect paint.net image is created, I will still be wondering "How they Do that?"- sigh☺️

• 2 months later...
MikeRobe - A great metalic style texture, I really love the brushed style to what you have going on here and the whole mood of the work fits the title. I am reminded of a zoomed portion of an ultrasound. 

Cc4FuzzyHuggles - Stunning colours, really nice use of different layers to add depth to it. I think it would have worked a lot better without the flower pattern, but I do like the shine to the complete image.

For these wonderful images I award MikeRobe  :star: X4  and Cc4FuzzyHuggles  :star: X5 

So if I have my maths right, the score is now.

MikeRobe  :star: 9

Cc4FuzzyHuggles  :star: 9

Both are very good entries. Very well thought out. :) 

ZXCBOoZ.png

53ddaba73cd91_zpsa8ea0b34.gif

Surely there is one individual out there corregious enough to come in and resolve this overlong and hard fought contest by these two mighty warrio   uh  Artists.

After all these fine contestants have been sitting, forlorn and alone, in their respective garretts,003d9fb1.gif subsisting on small crumbs of moldy old bread and what moisture drips from the leaky roof. 257787b3.gif Awaiting your decision. 0bef6f24.pngsniff

Come On Good People! let's give them the reward they so richly deserve! So they can come out and once more enter our genial company .

What Say You?

VOTE for your, one correct, choice,   

I  bid you adieu, 5d245db7.gif                                       I shall return anon.   cc2959d7.gif

• Upvote 1

Scooter

When the prefect paint.net image is created, I will still be wondering "How they Do that?"- sigh☺️

• 3 weeks later...

Analysis

MikeRobe, you have a fantastic texture. I find it very aesthetic in balance and pleasant in style. There is nothing wrong with it, but if there was more to the image in terms of complexity, it would score a higher rating from me. I rated it 3/5 because the rating can only be so high for a texture of that nature. Were it more complex (zoomed out), it would rate higher. But as I've said before, I can't give suggestions for improvement. It's just that 4/5 and 5/5 are reserved for more complex images.

Cc4FuzzyHuggles, while your image is less pleasing to my eye (in the sense that I don't have the eye for abstract art), I'm attempting to base my votes on effort and talent. After all, if somebody has a picture of a nice car with a simple effect on it vs. somebody with a less-nice drawing of a car, I'd vote for the drawing because it shows more talent. As a few others have said, the brightness is a little high on your image. The gradation is nice and I like the complexity in the images. The distortion effect is also well used. In general, I find that your image is fairly nice. Like MikeRobe, there is little left to improve on. I rated it 3/5 probably in part because I've seen way too many abstract images and I might be misjudging the effort put into it (hopefully not). I know that it's complex and it took a lot of effort, but MikeRobe's brushing effect is a formidable foe. Therefore I can only call it a truce and hasten you two along in your path towards victory.

Rating

MikeRobe: 3 stars

Cc4FuzzyHuggles: 3 stars

New Tally

MikeRobe = :star: x12

Cc4FuzzyHuggles = :star: x12

Edited by AnthonyScoffler

• 1 year later...

MikeRobe: The texture is very high quality, its simplicity brings out the metallic texture, even if it's not very complex, your pic is great.

Cc4FuzzyHuggles: This picture is simply superb. The colors are vivid, though green stands out a tad too much, and there's aliasing in the light, but everything else won me over.

Rating

MikeRobe: 3.5 stars

Cc4FuzzyHuggles: 4.5 stars

Final Tally:

MikeRobe: 15.5 :star:

Cc4FuzzyHuggles: 16.5 :star:

Congrats to Fuzzy for winning! Great job, both of you!

Well, this is what I'll bring to the table:

http://star-yoshi.deviantart.com/art/Paper-Mario-Gorgeous-Steak-HQ-Render-596547179

StarYoshi, wow, what a fun and tasty picture! I really like the colors and textures and how the different pieces and/or parts of the picture complement each other.

Nai, what a lovely picture of ice, fruit, and a shiny reflection. My eyes love seeing pictures as nice as yours.

Normally, I would choose a pretty shiny picture, however, I think the fun cartoony food picture was done very well. So, my vote goes to StarYoshi!

Nai, :star: :star: :star: :star: 4 stars.
StarYoshi, :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: 5 stars.

Edited by Cc4FuzzyHuggles

• 3 weeks later...

@StarYoshi What a very fun picture!I love all the creative flare in it.

@Nai I love how the strawberry is just suspended, as well as the steam you added. Very nice touch.

Nai = :star: :star: :star: :star: :star:

StarYoshi = :star: :star: :star: :star:

That leaves each competitor at nine stars!

Edited by Ryker

• 8 months later...

Analysis

StarYoshi It's a well-crafted image. I can't think of much to improve on, assuming the butter is intended to look like that and the steak lines are thick and uniform on purpose. After all, it's a cartoon on purpose. It's good.

Nai, how in the world! I always reward the most astonishing and difficult images. You have to feel at least a little evil for submitting that in response to StarYoshi's though, right?

I have pointers for you. The reflection of the strawberry as viewed through the ice should be lighter (close to the color of the ice), harder to see in general, and less visible near the center where the viewer has to look through more ice to see it. I can see the bumps of the seeds on the shadow; maybe it should have a light blur? If the ice cube isn't a sublimating block of dry ice, it should have water droplets coming down from it.

Rating

Nai: 3 stars

StarYoshi: 1 stars

New Tally

Nai = :star: x12

StarYoshi = :star: x10

• 2 months later...

OMGosh ! 27b255bf.gif   Still!?   Has my absence from this Image Battle Post been so very missed that No One could get their finger/mouse in gear and VOTE?!?!?

These two fine entry's deserve  to be recognized for their merit, as well as their artists talent and effort.     OK RANT%20%20smiley-emoticon_zpsnfxem5jl.gi

****************************************************************************************************  

Nai  very clever arrangement ice and strawberry , use of color  and life like representations  :star: :star: :star:  

StarYoshi  Yours has the "cartoon-esk" look down pat. The colors are bright and fit the subject matter.  :star:   :star: :star: :star:

New Tally

Nai = :star: x15

StarYoshi = :star: x14

Winner:  NAI  

Well done to you both; Thank you for letting me see the entrys  and to glean ideas for future projects  2thumbs.gif.454c5d12189f17d52dfc417a66e1168a.gif

Edited by Scooter

Scooter

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I'm pretty sure this thread is dead, but I mean I'm already here...

Analysis

Wartrac you have an interesting... helmet adornment? The lighting directions for the left and right pieces don't match. The center of each piece is shaded in little centric rings, but they don't match the style of the lighted segments, so I don't think it was intended, in which case you should apply dithering. On the bright side, I like the way the lighting fades to a red hue at the edges.

StarYoshi yours involves lots of nice grass (which reminds me I need to distribute a brush pack for my brush factory plugin). I think the grass clashes with the mosaic of dirt and water though. I think I'm looking down into a pond that has a portal in front of it, which is showing me the fish at the bottom. The artistic style of the water at the top and the way the portal edges fade are pleasing to me.

I think both of them are fairly even because I recognize that both of them required a reasonable amount of effort, and this thread is probably dead, so I'll rush it along at 5 stars each.

Rating

Wartrac:  5 stars

StarYoshi:  5 stars

New Tally

Wartrac = :star: x5

StarYoshi = :star: x5

Edited by Joshua Lamusga
missing word fix
  • Like 2

Why Thank You Joshua. Though activity is lacking on this thread, perhaps your post may get the creative juices flowing once again.   juices flowing once again.    flowing once again.    flowing once again.    once again.    once again.    again.   again.    IS it just me or are we alone in here? here? here? here? here?  hummm.gif.5c34f83f27c24fbbe37a14998fd6de5f.gif

• Like 2

Scooter

On ‎8‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 1:26 PM, LionsDragon said:

That's what I thought I'd read, but I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything. :) Thank you!

With your skill(s) I bet you don't miss a thing, very often. 

The problem seems to be a " lack of competitive-comradery " as in days of old. [insert wise old  wizard here]   The beauty of the challenge is seeing others work and being able to comment/complement/critique  and back it up with your Star Vote. 

But perhaps the "fire of creativity" has burned out and only a small glowing ember is all that remains of the once great illuminating

conflagration!

OR I could be totally out to lunch and just too doofy to know it

• Like 1

Scooter

• 1 month later...

Well, due to the inactivity I thought I would upload something else, a little GUI design I came up with! Let me know what you guys think!

After reviewing the rules, I suppose I should add that the NFL logos / images, Netflix, and YouTube logos were taken from their respective websites! The main purpose of this work is to showcase organization and sleekness!

CustomGUIEntry.jpg

Edited by Wartrac
updated to address rules.
  • Like 1