DrewDale's Images - Updated Dec 26. 2014

DrewDale

"Heaven's Open" is celestial. Beautiful work with Clipwarp. By the way, your sig is nifty, too. Your choice of that tint of blue goes very well with white. It's one of my favorite color combos that I often use in my books. :)

sig-1.png
Don't spit into the well, you might drink from it later. -----Yiddish Proverb

Glossy Galaxy Ball---How to Make Foliage
My Gallery

PDN Fans--My DA

Thanks Sasha & Helen.

The zoomed background was an afterthought really, but it worked pretty well IMO. The text and title came to me later on in the making of it,  the original I was working on used stained glass but it didn't look right so I used the heavens and got the outcome I was hoping for.   :)

The sig was clipwarped from an image of snow capped mountains and then the original background was zoom blurred. I also duplicated the text and flipped / transparent gradient to add a little depth to it. I must say it looked pretty bland until I zoomed the backing, I like the blue & white too, it reminds me of a clean and fresh feeling (not sure why, but it does) 

Thanks for the comments and for re-visiting B)

Edited by DrewDale

BREtKQW.png

Thanks Helen, It was a pure trial and error work really, the original image I used (link in the sotw comp) was first given the magic wand treatment to eliminate the sky background, then I used the pencil sketch plugin to make the buildings white, then I added a sky picture that I also used in my Heavens open picture and of course clipwarp for the frame, quite a good outcome really. I think it works both large and small :)

Cheers Sasha, I have followed your idea and here is the result:

Cityscapemono.png

Using sepia+ on the frame has given it a nice golden look to it, a rep for your suggestion B)

BREtKQW.png

Thanks blackpenny, what really impressed me was the sepia frame and how it looked golden, it never entered my head to try different colours, I think it works really well, the black and whire background adds a dramatic feel to it :)

Thanks skullbonz, I have to give credit to Sasha for the inspiration for that one :D plus of course Red ochre for making us into clipwarp-aholics :lol:

BREtKQW.png

I like your new banner, fits well with the images you are producing.Nice call from Sasha, I think I prefer the b/w version,really gives the sky life. Heavens open,nice one, all the shades of blue work well together, it would make a cool Album cover(cd cover). Just add the name of your band. :smile:

The folded / curved style train image is pretty awesome DrewDale, I hope the train was either Stationary, or going the other way, or you could run :D Nice gradient and choice of colours, I would not have thought squirklewarp could do that kind of manipulation to an image. I really have to keep awake more :) Great picture manip. 

swIFX9v.png

The city-scape with the sepia frame looks really classy!

Love the gallery banner and you've done well with the concave distortion one too - it's very tricky to do.

Off topic: I'm always disappointed at stations when the sign says 'Way out' then 'Cafe' - I expect to see a wild hippie party!

Red ochre Plugin pack.............. Diabolical Drawings ................Real Paintings

PdnForumSig2.jpg

Thanks Red Ochre, indded It was difficult to get the concave right, but I got there in the end, glad you like the new works.

Speaking of way out and cafe's heres a possible station sign for one :D

wayoutcafe.png

I have also updated page #1 with a tute creation.

Edited by DrewDale

BREtKQW.png