DrewDale's Images - Updated Dec 26. 2014

DrewDale

Thank you all for your visits and comments, it means a great deal to me. Your all inspirational to what I doodle and share.  <3

@ Helen - Thank you. I know gloss is your thing and I'm happy you like how I make mine.

@ Daniels - Cheers sir, the colour was originally going to be on the comp entry, but didn't seem to work on the smaller version.

@ Welshblue - Cheers mate, credit also goes to you for coming up with (and sharing) your tutes. The text one is a personal fave of mine, glad you like what you see. 

@ Barbieq - Thank you for your feedback, always kind words that give me the inspiration to try and better myself.

@ Dug - Thanks mate, without the tutes I would be lost on many things, happy you like them, thanks for the vote too. 

BREtKQW.png

I agree, Nice job on the rusty barrel. The cement floor looks awesome but the bricks look a bit large compared to the barrel, unless it is a small barrel. Nice anyway though.  

• Upvote 1

http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/21233-skullbonz-art-gallery

Thanks @ Sasha & Helen - It was an easy to follow tute and giving up great results too, glad you like :)

@ Skullbonz - Credit goes to you for the tute in the first place, top one. B)
I will go with the idea that the 'barrel' is 'small' in that image :|  The real reason was I couldn't be bothered to go back out side and take another picture of one of my walls from further back :lol:

BREtKQW.png

This is what I said in the image umbrella thread: DD, very atmospheric, I get the feeling of things past & imminent events such as a rat or something about to dart out. The building itself was a great image but what you did was just great. 

• Upvote 1
THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

Thank you Barbieq, If a rat darted out I would be right up that ladder :lol: I am pleased with the overall ambience of the finished product though.

Thanks Helen. It was one of those kind of views that begged to be captured. I only thought of adding the barrels after looking at the one doughty made.

New one on page #1 while I am here again ;) 

BREtKQW.png

@ Welshblue - Cheers mate, I'm pretty pleased with the end result of the photo manip.

I have changed the sig slightly to add a little more shape to it. For the matal effect I used a gradient on a negation layer for each part and then colour balance to make some parts golden. I did play with blend modes on the overlap part, I think it looks better now.

@ Daniels - Cheers sir, got to admit I either use too little drop shadow or I go for overkill - I'm sure there is a happy balance, I just can't find it :lol:

@ Helen, Inspiration from one of the best is always a good thing ;) Thanks for your comment.

@dug - Many thanks for the visit and comment too, glad you like them.

@ Barbieq - Thank you, it took me a long time to make, but the result is worth it (I think)

Modified the sig slightly to make it less tube like. B)

Edited by DrewDale
  • Upvote 1

BREtKQW.png

Cheers Sasha, I'm pleased with the photo-manip, I don't really do many of them, but pleased that you like it. The sig is my attempt at emulating the King on here ;)

And with that in mind - A perfect opportunity to post on page #1 a gun barrel that was made by a tut that Welshblue did for me.

BREtKQW.png

And you have been so busy too biggrin.gif    What lovely results from your experimentation with all the plug-ins and tutorials.  I so admire those of you who know how to use the plug-ins, which do-my-head-in most of the time.  Very nice take on the revolver barrel of @Welshy's, which is a fave of mine.  You have some great work there, also, with the Clipwarp plug-in :)

• Upvote 1

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks all for the recent feedback and comments in here. Welshblue giving me that tut has helped understand a lot about blend modes and duplicating layers

(for drop shadow among other things) something I never did before.

Good to see you active again Pixey - as you can see I am still a clipwarp-aholic. And not looking for a cure either :lol:

Two recent doodles on page #1. 

p.s

If anyone can pm me a step by step how to guide on how to use the hidden content feature on here I will buy them a house or car or a pony be very grateful. I don't like how long it takes to view page#1 and would like it to look cleaner in my gallery. B)

BREtKQW.png

Cheers mate, does the direct link url go between the spoiler parts - where you have placed the dotted lines?

Do I need to do the spoiler - links - spoiler for every image I want to hide? 

I used to have a version of splinter cell on a phone a few years back and was hooked from then on. He is one cool dude who I would like on my side B)

The tiled one was originally going to be a stepped path but it didn't work with the photo I was going to use it on, when I rotated it and duplicated one side then flipped it, it seemed to work (in a fashion) I'm not real sure but if I added some more tiles and use rotate/zoom on some text it would be ok as a sig :/

Edited by DrewDale

BREtKQW.png