My Stuff :) - Nov 16th, 2014 / Dedicated to WelshBlue

RFX

Thanks Helen! I have quite a bit more however uploading them all and coding each one to be displayed takes a while. It's mostly logos, wallpapers, graphic interfaces & buttons, help images, and some gaming stuff. :D

That particular game is called "Live For Speed" or "LFS" for short Sozo, it's kind of like Gran Turismo but online. You can customize everything in the game graphics-wise and is like a major aspect to it's appeal. :D

RFX5A1.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

A little over a week ago, I set out to try to master the art of creating cursors from scratch since I am familiar with them but haven't gotten a chance to spend much time with them in detail. After a day or two, I had posted my results with the first few I made (and a gracious thank you to the plug in creator) but at the time thought it would take longer to finish as I had some very specific ideas on exactly what I wanted.

Icon, Cursor, and Animated Cursor Format v3.7 thread

I had a trip over the weekend and couldn't finish them which only made me want to even more, I guess that must have worked as I finished them way faster than I thought I would. Mission succeesssful!!!

arrows3dclockv2.gif - Once again the only animation I used for now. I want a laughing jolly rogers skull for sure to use when I can't click something in the future.

arrows3dpreview.jpg

arrowscursorsmenu.jpg

Image below is the PDN template file I am happy to share if anyone would like it so you guys can make your own in seconds.

(Click to enlarge)

arrows3ddemosmall.jpg

I very much wanted an updated look on my computer that was matching since the mouse pointer from the 90's with all those little hand symbols and the hourglass are all cool but way outdated in my opinion. I'm thoroughly satisfied with the arrows system I have now. :D Cheers everyone! toast.gif

Edited by RFX

RFX5A1.jpg

• 2 months later...

Special thanks to EER for all the help and support! :D You rock dude!

I haven't had much time to create stuff lately due to work however I do usually make time for game design, especially with Paint.net and DDS files.

Formula V8 - Interior Cockpit / Steering Wheel

rfxfo8interior4.th.png

Car Select Menu

carselect.th.jpg

Trackside Curbing With Rumble Strips

racecurbpreview3.th.jpg

Saving DDS Files

paintnetsavelarge.th.jpg

Edited by RFX

RFX5A1.jpg

Oh, wow! These are stunning images. Did you add your logo on parts of the interior of the car or did you actually make everything in Paint.NET? 

It would be great if you specify what you did for each image. By the way, the cursors are awesome. I wish they made them like that for Windows.

• Upvote 1

sig-1.png
Don't spit into the well, you might drink from it later. -----Yiddish Proverb

Glossy Galaxy Ball---How to Make Foliage
My Gallery

PDN Fans--My DA

Hey Helen and thanks! The car models are prebuilt but are fully skinnable as are all the graphics in the game called "Live For Speed". I've changed nearly everything from the cars to the menus to the drivers themselves and created all the textures and logos mostly from scratch. I will upload a few examples to show the differences later on when I have more free time.

The cursors I made are indeed for Windows. They come in ".cur" format which is the windows cursor extension and the clock is an ".ani" or animated cursor. I made a zip file package containing everything including the PDN file that I used as the template which I can send if you'd like. It's not too hard to create although if you do it from scratch, you'll have to know where the cursor you're creating is positioned in relation to the action it's used for.

I've always had a thing for customizing icons, cursors, user interfaces, wallpapers, themes, and other stuff. It's an addiction I can't kick. lol

RFX5A1.jpg

@Skull, they have a dedicated site here, LFS.net - LFS is the main reason I got into PDN just to edit DDS files lol. It's up to version 0.6E

@Helen, here ya go. I have a lot more but not much time to explain lol.

I create or replicate images by first creating templates just like the cursors. This pays off later when I can just apply textures to the template easily and quickly. Below is the steering wheel main body consisting of 4 layers as numbered.

fo8wheelpivotdemo1.png

When the 4 images above are layered in order with #1 on top and #4 on the bottom, the wheel is done. Image #1 on the left is the default image and image #2 on the right is what was made from scratch.

fo8wheelpivotdemo3.png

Image #1 is the main dashboard console cluster defailt image. There are more objects but those were unchanged and are cut out of the template. Image #2 uses some parts of the default image that I thought were fine and just changed or created the rest as desired.

fo8wheelpivotdemo2.png

Formula V8 Default Skin

fo8default.png

Formula V8 Skin by RFX

rfxfo8wirefmb2demo3.png

Default skin applied to car model
rfxfo8wirefmb2demo1.png

RFX Skin applied to car model
rfxfo8wirefmb2demo2.png

Edited by RFX
  • Upvote 2

RFX5A1.jpg

Awww thanks you guys as I do appreciate it very much! :D Those are just a small amount of graphics I made just recently but these were created for another game called MRO (MiniRacingOnline). A good friend of mine from Portugal taught me a lot about shading and 3-Dimensional effects and these were the result of both our effort. The last 2 images are tracks under construction so you can see how I create templates.

Mount Akina - Initial D Mountain Touge - http://imageshack.us/a/img163/4326/mountakina.jpg

mountakinasmall.jpg

AutoPark USA - Sprint Outlaw Circuit - http://imageshack.us/a/img35/816/autoparkusa.jpg

autoparkusasmall.jpg

Moonshine Speedway - Small Oval Circuit - http://imageshack.us/a/img819/6631/moonshinespeedway.jpg

moonshinespeedwaysmall.jpg

California Speedway - Nascar Oval (under construction) - http://imageshack.us/a/img163/9295/calispeedwaytemplate1.jpg

calispeedwaytemplate1sm.jpg

Texas Motor Speedway - Nascar Oval (under construction) - http://imageshack.us/a/img844/3634/texasovaltemplate1.jpg

texasovaltemplate1small.jpg

Edited by RFX

RFX5A1.jpg

• 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Haha thanks guys! I've created the Top Gear track and Infineon Raceway since then. The oval tracks were projects I passed on to a few other game developers that wanted to finish them. xD Hope you like the LFS promo stuff, I have a lot more and will post it later on when I have some time. :D Take care everyone and thanks for the compliments and feedback :D

RFX5A1.jpg

Thanks Pixey! The cars are wire-frame modelled objects with textures over them that can be created and swapped. The normal car model is just a blank  image and graphics applied to that via layers. It's a lot of fun lol.

malg.png

note: shifted from the top post.

nc1h.jpg

adlm.jpg

c8qc.jpg

Edited by RFX

RFX5A1.jpg

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...