Sign in to follow this  
Visual

Do I have this wrong? Jersey hit again?

It sure looks like those poor souls in new jersey are getting hit again. I wish i had the means to help all of them.

Why does it look like the help is centered around the upscale areas, while the poorer area go almost unhelped?

Is that just me, or what? I'll bet the hamptons are getting all of the help they need. Lower manhattan got help instantly.

Why does it look like the help is centered around the upscale areas, while the poorer area go almost unhelped?

It may seem cruel, but if you think about it, much of the important business facilities are located in the "upscale" areas. The financial district in New York where all the stock exchange happens, for example. Just that little area, I've heard, contributes about 10% of the US GDP, and the fact that it is/was out of operation actually impacts the world economy. It isn't that the poor areas are not important--all of it is important--it's just a matter of which area affects more lives.

I agree with that noob to a point. I was going off on this and was overheard. I was also told that they held 3 large generators that could have helped open up fueling stations by the marathon of new york, or could provided heat and power for the people who are suffering. Is something in the water in that area that makes the elected goofy? The resources of the country needs to be provided to everyone equally.

A great country is judged by how well they care for their most vulnerable, not the ones at who already have so much.

Edited by Visual

I most certainly agree. Please don't think I'm one of those radical rich republicans who thinks the government should be catered to my wants and desires for more money, because I'm not. I'm not even rich. For your information, me and my family hang just above the US poverty line. I'm simply trying to say that the country must take care of itself before it can care for the needy. A loss of 10% of the economy in the middle of a recession would be devastating.

EDIT: Speaking of which, keep in mind where the majority of the money to help the needy comes from.

Edited by pdnnoob

I most certainly agree. Please don't think I'm one of those radical rich republicans who thinks the government should be catered to my wants and desires for more money, because I'm not. I'm not even rich. For your information, me and my family hang just above the US poverty line. I'm simply trying to say that the country must take care of itself before it can care for the needy. A loss of 10% of the economy in the middle of a recession would be devastating.

EDIT: Speaking of which, keep in mind where the majority of the money to help the needy comes from.

They did a study and found that most all donations were given by the middle to poor in conservative groups, typically church going. I did see that finally some progress is being made. Turns out the problem was with poor management and planning with LIPA.

Edited by Visual