Basspixel Gallery

SAND33P

Amazing new stuff man (as per usual). Ever thought of doing album covers? 

I do sometimes, i usually post up the full versions of the designs and send the clients all the different versions

eOdUjVm.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, finally got around to updating this thread! And boy is this an update!
My three latest works are without a doubt my best yet, and there is so much more goodness coming your way!

Bx0PEbC.png

jZjDXLT.png

4Jt96fF.png

I have just made my new Basspixel website public, and to kick things off i have given out a free download pack of textures made in PDN!
Now that things are up and running, i can begin to work on tutorials and more download packs, so if you guys want anything specific from me, just ask! :)
It would be great if you would head over to my website, the link is in my signature!

Also, for those of you who don't have facebook, you can download the pack direct here

Also, i hope its okay that the images link to my website, if its not appropriate ill change the links to the direct full res links :)

Edited by SAND33P
  • Upvote 2

eOdUjVm.jpg

Impressive works again, BassPixel! 

I don't know for sure which I like the most, but Lightya really impresses me, those effects!

Can't wait until you post those tutorials :D

• Upvote 1
ParaduxSig_zps7c40fba5.png

New designs up now, with a new personal favourite - Thizgrace! 

Hy6c0G9.png

RTDBHca.png

The Machinist does it for me.  Stunning.

Following on from the comment the quote is from ... finding/ making a suitable background to go with the style/ art/ typography of the font isn't easy and fair play you get it in the net every time

Thanks Welsh :3 

Been busy but im still finding time to get these new graphics done, the next thing on my to do list is a proper tutorial, it will probably take me ages but it'll be quality! It most likely will be a tutorial on creating particle 'explosions' and getting depth into them, its a pretty simple method so it shouldn't be too long :)

Edited by SAND33P

eOdUjVm.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Superb collection of typography pics. You said in my thread you struggle with 3D space. Well it`s the same for me but different. I usually struggle with typography pics. That`s why there are not many in my gallery.

Welshy is right on with his comment. You hit the spot each time. Well done. :)

• Upvote 1

Please feel free to visit my Gallery on PDNFans

And my Alternatives to PDN

• 2 weeks later...

XWKfvLZ.png

7UOZE2N.png

fBUaHeI.png

Finally an update! My free downloads are going great so there will be more of those to come! Coming soon is a geometry based wallpaper pack, and a wood texture pack (courtesy of welshs epic tutorial, which you can find here)

In other news i am prepping some major theme changes on the website, and theres a cool series of college work ill be outing in the coming weeks!

Edited by SAND33P
  • Upvote 1

eOdUjVm.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

image.png

image.png

image.png

Its always a relief to release my new work! This easter break iv got allot of time to get allot of graphics done, then its exam season so you will be seeing even less of me than before :(

New pack coming soon, a geometric shapes one, which will be followed by a wood texture one :)

eOdUjVm.jpg

Great new works man, although seeing you using facebook and it's awful quality compression always makes me cringe. I'd recommend Imgur for a quick and good one :) 

Actually I'm not a fan of Photobucket either. Instead of loading the image, it seems to load the whole damn website.

(/rant)

Keep up the great stuff!

• Upvote 1

Great new works man, although seeing you using facebook and it's awful quality compression always makes me cringe. I'd recommend Imgur for a quick and good one :)

Actually I'm not a fan of Photobucket either. Instead of loading the image, it seems to load the whole damn website.

(/rant)

Keep up the great stuff!

I'm mainly using facebook for the exposure, i get allot of my clients from facebook so a like does seem to go a long way. Behance also compresses images, however the full quality versions of the files can always be found on my website :) And thank you, i love the support i get from this forum!

eOdUjVm.jpg

Man, your designs are that of a banner virtuoso. Do you print shirts as well with those logos on? That'll be nice.

So tell us, how do you design them? Where do you get the concepts? And can you please do a tutorial on how to make one design?

I wish I could do half as good as you with those banners and logos..

Clearly, I'm not a layer genius.

• Upvote 1

Man, your designs are that of a banner virtuoso. Do you print shirts as well with those logos on? That'll be nice.

So tell us, how do you design them? Where do you get the concepts? And can you please do a tutorial on how to make one design?

I wish I could do half as good as you with those banners and logos..

Clearly, I'm not a layer genius.

Thank you! Some of my clients get the designs printed themselves, and i have been researching shirt printing, it will happen one day!

The ideas literally just appear in my head! Allot of the time i dont even sketch, i work straight in PDN. Tutorials are on my to do list! In the meantime, this may help answer your question:

3fe0f75f288b91822491bd93ed387469.gif

Edited by SAND33P
  • Upvote 1

eOdUjVm.jpg

Jeepers - where do I start?  Your images are incredible.  So much so, I really don't know what to say ............... except ....... keep it up maestro thumbsup.gif  

• Upvote 1

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

*Jaw literally drops to the floor* =O 

*Picks up jaw*

*Composes himself*

I am completely blown away. I see you've been doing this for a while according to your OP and it more than shows. In my opinion you master just about everything there is to know when it comes to graphic arts.

I was going over your gallery on your Facebook page and recognizing some of the effects and techniques you use in your images I kept telling myself: "Holy smokes, it must take this dude forever to get a project done" (which is in no one a bad thing quite the contrary). And then I stumbled upon a comment you made on one of your Basspixel logos:

"Thought i'd go for something more minimal seeing as most concepts are pretty crazy, a result of me spending too much time on them."

Trust me, just looking at the insane detail and thought put in to your product I knew that a tremendous amount of time had to be involved. That aside I simply love your creative mind and if it were cake I would probably eat it. Your work really speaks to me, more than anything I've seen on PDN.

I sincerely wish you luck with all your entrepreneurial endeavors as I really think you have the talent to succeed in what can be a very competitive business.

Cheers good sir, cheers to all your greatness

• Upvote 1

SigSpec2.png

*Jaw literally drops to the floor* =O

*Picks up jaw*

*Composes himself*

I am completely blown away. I see you've been doing this for a while according to your OP and it more than shows. In my opinion you master just about everything there is to know when it comes to graphic arts.

I was going over your gallery on your Facebook page and recognizing some of the effects and techniques you use in your images I kept telling myself: "Holy smokes, it must take this dude forever to get a project done" (which is in no one a bad thing quite the contrary). And then I stumbled upon a comment you made on one of your Basspixel logos:

"Thought i'd go for something more minimal seeing as most concepts are pretty crazy, a result of me spending too much time on them."

Trust me, just looking at the insane detail and thought put in to your product I knew that a tremendous amount of time had to be involved. That aside I simply love your creative mind and if it were cake I would probably eat it. Your work really speaks to me, more than anything I've seen on PDN.

I sincerely wish you luck with all your entrepreneurial endeavors as I really think you have the talent to succeed in what can be a very competitive business.

Cheers good sir, cheers to all your greatness

I would say its my turn to be speechless!

If i remember correctly I have been using Paint.Net since is was around 10, so ive had almost seven years of learning experience with it! In these most recent years, i have gone quite far with it, to the point where every other week i look back at my work and think "Eurgh". And you are quite right, sometimes it does take me weeks to perfect a project. But sometimes, i get a project done in 20 minutes! Because i have been using Paint.Net for so long, my workflow is uninterrupted. What i see in my minds eye can be on the canvas as soon as i know how to get it there. That is what i would call my most impressive skill, my ability to see something, and then recreate it in my mind, using methods i would use when actually creating in PDN.

The detail in my work, i would say is down to me competing with other designers, who have equipment and software with prices that reach into the thousands! That is all to change soon though, later this year i will be upgrading my kit to a very high spec desktop computer, which will allow me to delve into the world of 3D!

I just had a look at your gallery Spectre, and i have to say it does remind me of myself! My biggest tip for you would be to imitate! Look at something, and just think, how the heck would i do that, and then try!! Thats how i learnt, and i still do it today to an extent. I think you will love my tutorials, once i get them done ;)

Edited by SAND33P

eOdUjVm.jpg