Basspixel Gallery

SAND33P

ALL your work is just amazing man, never seen something like this before!

I'd love you doing a tut on your typography and a tut on blend modes and how to use them (I'm surprised there aren't any REALLY good tuts on that topic). 

And maybe you could do some speed arts, because people can see things in those which you can't explain in a tutorial of 10 pages. 

I'd especially love a very long guide on your typography, because that's the most amazing thing about your works.

• Upvote 1
ParaduxSig_zps7c40fba5.png

Right now, my favourite font that i have would be Pacifico, with a some basic manipulation is a gorgeous font! Most of the work i do with the crazy logos are very loosely based on fonts, or sketched out by hand and scanned into PDN. I used to have a massive collection of minimal fonts, but iv narrowed it down to a few, they all look the same pretty much, and i end up editing the type styles most of the time! 

My dream font would have to be Fan Script, its a paid font and im hoping to get it soon!

If only my laptop could handle video recording and PDN at the same time! Maybe one day! But i can assure you my tutorials will be just as good!

I have plenty of tips and tricks for effective use of type, they will make some excellent beginner tutorials when the time comes!

Again thank you all so much for all the kind words! 

eOdUjVm.jpg

You are really good, pal. Definitely professional grade work :)

If only my laptop could handle video recording and PDN at the same time! Maybe one day! But i can assure you my tutorials will be just as good!

Have you looked at HyperCam? It's free, and I don't think it takes up too much memory (if RAM's your problem)... It does output to AVI, so the file sizes can get a bit big.

• Upvote 1

Kaleptik_Artwork_S.png

Kaleptik_Logo_Artwork_S.png

Its been a long while but i have been hard at work with more designs, the quality has really stepped up now, im working on bigger canvasses and spending more time perfecting all of the elements, ensuring compositional balance and getting extra brownie points :D

Got some huge projects underway, a website, graphics packs, texture packs, all sorts of devious (and probably illegal) marketing ideas, and of course, continuing to save people from being ripped off! 

Edited by SAND33P

eOdUjVm.jpg

Thank you! I always feel that after a month my thought processes change and i end up making some totally new things, yet still maintain the design consistency that my other work has. Also, i have loads of other work done in PDN that i have for my Graphic Design A Level portfolio, its much different to what you usually see under the Basspixel alias and its a whole other section of my creativity, and still all PDN! Ill put up a couple of examples here :) That second is is a pretty creative use of my instagram inspiration pictures!

Spider_Hulk.jpg?noCache=1381179569 Pic_Monkey_Collage.jpg?noCache=138118190

Also my apologies for not being so active on the rest of the forum, i have so much work that needs to be done, for my education and for my freelance work, and also to prepare for university applications and revising and lots of procrastinating aswell! This thread has almost become a blog type venture for documenting my progress, and i have to say this will prove invaluable in my future :). (Being 17 in this generation is pretty tiring)

On a much more PDN related note, i am currently working on a huge project to aid other creators (and push in some sneaky marketing) in their designs, firstly i will be going on a photography spree collecting stocks of all kinds of textures, and then getting more images to composite elements from (think of a pile of leaves with a transparent background, the uses!). These will be coming for free this year, and when PDN 4 is released, i will be creating a number of tutorials using these elements in various ways, primarily photo manipulation :) Some of my tutorials will be entirely focused on design theory, colour theory, and compositional elements and techniques (most of which i wasn't even taught, but picked up by myself and researched into)

Well that was a mouthful, and i think iv left half of my points on a tangent :P Lastly i would like to say a huge thank you to the creators of PDN and the creators who use PDN, i have learned skills i will keep and share for the rest of my life, created my own career and am well on the way to being an officially qualified graphic designer (which doesn't really mean anything these days)!!

Edited by SAND33P

eOdUjVm.jpg

Also my apologies for not being so active on the rest of the forum, i have so much work that needs to be done, for my education and for my freelance work, and also to prepare for university applications and revising and lots of procrastinating aswell!

No need to apologize! Nobody is obligated to be heavily involved in the forum ;)

I can't wait to see what you have for us!

• Upvote 1

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

Thanks! In my experience it doesn't really feel like an Alpha build, i have only come across one error! It is a massive improvement over 3! There isnt a way that im currently aware of to keep the old version when installing 4 so id wait till things settle (I have the portable version of 3.5 though, just incase)

eOdUjVm.jpg

Dang! That is a great image! Well done. I am too short on time to play with the new version until next week but if this is the first image with V4.0 I cannot wait to see what comes next from you & other artists here :D 

• Upvote 1
THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012